Chapter 24

Olivia's POV:

It was Sunday, and we were back in Savannah. I filled Sav in on everything that happened with me and Tanner from Friday nights game. She was excited for me, but was also driving me a little crazy. For some reason, Sav started thinking of different things that could possibly be happening between me and Tanner. It was mostly silly stuff like he would be asking me on another date soon. Also if he would be sending me more flowers or something. She was currently in a fight with Collin, so I think she needed something to distract her from that. I decided it would be best to get Sav out of the house, and try to get her mind off of things. I told her she needed some retail therapy, so we went shopping downtown. We stayed out shopping all afternoon, and were at the last store when I got a text from Dalton. 

From Dalton: Hey Liv. I'm hanging out with Mia tonight. Is it cool if we don't have dinner over at my place? I know it's Sunday, and last minute but I forgot I already made plans.

With all the craziness going on lately, I forgot about dinner tonight too. We actually haven't had a Sunday dinner together in a month or so. I knew this would happen once the season started, but it was fun while it lasted.

From Olivia: Hi Dalt. Yeah that's fine. I actually forgot it was Sunday anyways. I know we haven't had our Sunday dinners in a while. Can we plan for one soon?

I went to put my phone away and look at some clothes on a rack when it dinged. 

From Dalton: Of course we can Liv. By the way, you might want to watch my vlog that's premiering tonight at 8 😉

"Alright Liv are you ready to go?" Sav asked as she came over to me with clothes in her hands. I looked up at her from my phone. "Yep, I was texting Dalton. He's canceling dinner tonight at his apartment. He told me to watch his vlog later when it comes out. Do you have any idea what he's planning?" Sav looked about as lost as I was. "No, I have no idea why he would want you to watch that specific vlog. We'll have to check it out later." I agreed, and we left the store after Sav bought her clothes. We were both hungry, so we went to Olive Garden to eat. We ended up staying longer than we expected, and got home around 6:15. Sav went and put her clothes in her room while I put a movie on the tv. We watched the movie and it ended around 7:50. 

I went to my room to grab my laptop. I brought it back out to the living room and sat down next to Sav. I pulled up YouTube, and went to Dalton's channel. I clicked on his newest video that was premiering soon, and waited. The video finally started, and everything looked normal. "I wonder why he told you to watch this. Nothing out of the ordinary seems to be happening." Sav asked while we both continued watching. I turned to look at her. "Yeah I'm not sure what he wanted me to watch this for eith-" I stopped talking when I heard Dalton say something on the video. "So we're going through some of our pregame things right now. Soon my cousin Olivia is going to sing the national anthem for the game tonight. I'll add the clip in right after this." 

The video cut from showing Dalton's face, to showing the live YouTube broadcast of the game. He put the entire song in his vlog, and I was honestly surprised with how good I sounded even on a recording. I wasn't happy about him posting this. I got up off the couch, and grabbed my phone. I dialed Dalton's number, and listen to the phone ring. After a few rings, Dalton answered. "I'm assuming you're watching the vlog right now. I'm also assuming you're really mad at me for adding the clip of you singing that night." I sighed into the phone, and took a deep breath before answering Dalton. "You could've at least told me you were going to do that. I don't like to be caught off guard like this. Your viewers are probably chewing me out right now saying I can't sing or something. I'm my biggest critic with my singing, and it doesn't help if other people put in their opinions" Dalton paused after I was done for a minute. "Olivia, you know whoever is watching my vlog right now can chat live with me? I think you should look at that chat." I had no idea what he was talking about, so I went back over to the couch with Savanah. When I sat down, she had already pulled up the live chat. I scrolled back through it, and started to read the comments about the clip Dalton posted of me. Mostly everyone said how great my voice was, or how they liked seeing me in the vlog. Some people even asked Dalton for my social media handles so they could follow me. I was still reading the comments when I heard Dalt on the other side of the phone. "Do you see now that people enjoy your singing? I knew everyone would love it and you. Is it okay if I post your Instagram and Tiktok handles?" I hesitated for a minute, but then Sav shouted yes. I could hear Dalton laughing, and then I agreed. I saw him post it in the chat, and mostly everyone said they were going to follow me right after Dalton's vlog. I was still on the phone with him when I went to say bye. Before I did, he told me that Tanner might've used the same clip in his vlog as well. They both talked and agreed that they should both use the clip to put me out there. Dalton quickly hung up the phone after he told me that. Probably because he knew I was going to yell at him.