Chapter 92: Melody

(Saturday, 11:30AM, LA)

I sit down at the table, smiling at my phone. Mom looks up at me, grinning. "What's on your phone, Melody?" She says. I look up at her, smiling. "Oli got back together with Luna. Her son Caleb is cool." I say. Dad looks over at Mom, raising an eyebrow. "You should invite him into your group, Mels!" He says. I grin at him. "Maybe I will! It seems that Zack is preoccupied with other things nowadays." I tell them. Dad shrugs. Mom sips at her coffee, the cogs in her brain turning. "Mom. You're doing it again." I tell her. Mom looks at me. "Doing what?! I'm not doing anything, I swear!" She says defensively, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear. Dad laughs.

(1:30PM)

I call Caleb, smiling. He joins the call, grinning.

"Hey, Melody! It's so nice to meet you!" He says. I fall in love with his grey eyes, staring at them. Caleb laughs. "I know. I get my eyes from my mom, you know!" He explains. "They're stunning." I breathe. Caleb giggles. "Thanks! So, what did you wanna talk about?" He asks me. I blink. "Oh, right! I want you to join my group. You'll be the sixth member." I explain. Caleb frowns. "Okay, I will. I live in LA, anyways." He tells me. I laugh. "Perfect! I'll text you my address and we can meet tomorrow and head to Riley's house!" I say. Caleb nods. We say goodbye and hang up. I run downstairs to the basement, walking into my mom's filming room. Mom looks at me.

"Melody! I'm streaming!" She laughs. I run up to her, waving to the chat. "Hi, chat! I have some news!" I shout. Mom taps my mouth. "Inside voice, baby." She says. I pout. "Anyways, we may have a new member of the Rainbow Group!" I say, running off. Mom laughs, shaking her head and continuing to stream.