Chapter 99: Ivy

(Saturday, May 15th, 2:30PM, LA)

Max runs around the room, giggling. "I can't wait for this fucking party, Ivy!" She shouts. Axel looks up from his phone, rolling his eyes. "What makes you think Joey is gonna give you a party?" Axel says. Jamie gasps. Max looks up at him. "He's not. But David is throwing one for me and Ashlee." Max says. Ashlee grins. "That's right, baby." She says, kissing her cheek. Cameron laughs. "I can't wait to see what you decide to wear, puddin'." I say. Axel grins. There's a knock at the door. Max groans loudly. "Come in!" She says. The door opens.

Joey enters the room, smiling. "On June 8th Scott and Asher are getting married!" He says. Max wrinkles her nose. "Okay? I don't give a shit." She says. Joey scowls. "Don't be rude." He says. He walks out, shutting the door behind him. I chuckle.

Max roll her eyes. "He acts like I scare about that shit. I don't if him and his little friends all fuck each other. I just don't care anymore." She says. Axel chuckles. "Do ya'll wanna come over to mine for a bit?" Axel says. We all nod. Axel orders a Uber. We all grab our stuff and head downstairs. Xornoth looks over at us. "Where are you guys going with all that stuff?" He says. Joey walks out into the hallway. "Nice going, dickhead." Ashlee growls at Xornoth. Joey sighs. "Maxine. You're not going to the party." He tells her. "Fuck you. I can do what I want. I'm 17 now." Max says. Joey glares at her. "Fine. Go and get drunk. See how that works out for you." He says. Axel's phone beeps and we all leave, getting into the car.

(3:30PM)

We enter Axel's house, kicking off our shoes. We head into the garden. A man walks up to us. "Axel! Where the fuck have you been?!" He says. Axel flips him off. "Fuck off, Sam. Where's Kris?" He says. Sam sighs. "Colby!" He shouts. Another man comes out, sighing gently. "Where have you been, Axel?" Colby says. "Go away, Dad. Also, I'm not coming back home until Tuesday or some shit." Axel says. Colby grabs Axel by the arm. I kick Colby in the knee. "Oww! What the fuck?!" He shouts. I help Axel up. "Keep your fucking hands off my boyfriend." I tell him. Max whistles. "Damn, Ivy." Cameron laughs. Colby grunts in pain, heading back inside with Sam. Axel kisses my cheek. "Thank you, my love." He says. I blush, mumbling 'you're welcome'. Ashlee smiles at us. "Where's your mother, Axel?" She asks him. Axel shrugs. "She lives in London. I don't care for her that much. I wish Kris was my mom." He says. We all nod. We look up at the sky, smiling at the clouds passing by.