Chapter 7

August 3rd, 2005. It's finally time for the Musashi Festival. Rian was getting dressed as Mikey was already outside her door.

She wore a black and blue hoodie over her, and gray pants. She's also got a lighter prepared in her pocket if she needed it.

"Kiri-chin!! Are you done yet?" She can hear Mikey yelling outside the doors, with the engine of his bike.

"Coming!!" She yelled back. As she unlocked the door, Mikey jumped at her and tried hugging her as a sign of greeting. Though, she dodged it without effort, leaving him fall face first on the ground.

"Ow!!"

He got up, sitting on the ground while rubbing his forehead.
"Kiri-chin, so mean!!" He whined like a kid.

"Come on, we ain't got all day." She sighed, reaching her hand out to Mikey. Of course, he grabbed it and Rian pulled him up from the floor.

The both of them jumped on to Mikey's bike, his favorite CB250T.

"Say, Kiri-chin. Why aren't you wearing a yukata? We're going to a festival, ya know?"

"I don't have spare money for that shit, have you had any idea how expensive that piece of cloth is?" Rian sighed, as much as she wanted to wear a yukata to the festival, too bad she's too broke for it.

"Hmm... I'd buy you one if you don't mind."

"Nah, I won't be wearing it often. Thanks though."

Mikey then felt something buzzing in his pocket. It's his phone ringing. Rian took it out of his pocket, and flipped it open, to see an unknown number on it calling.

"It's an unknown number."

"Pick it up, might be something important."

Rian accepted the call on Mikey's phone, then put the phone near her ear. It was a few seconds of silence after that. Rian said nothing, but ended the call.

"So? Who was it?" Mikey asked.

"Anonymous. He went straight to the point, saying that some Toman members are gonna get attacked at a warehouse near the festival." Rian had her hand on her chin as she said that.

"Something's wrong..."

"Then we'd better go there." Mikey was about to change his destination, when Rian stopped him.

"No, Mikey. Something's not right."

"What makes you think of that?"

"A woman's sixth sense."

"Seriously, Kiri-chin?"

Mikey sweatdropped at the girl sitting behind him.

"But I'm worried... What if what he said just now was true?" Mikey mumbled, almost dozing off. Of course he'd be worried. His gang members are gonna get attacked. As the leader, it's his job to protect them.

"... What if, you drop me at the festival, and you go to the warehouse to check? That way, we won't lose two people at a time. And I get to be alert to what's happening at the festival." Rian gave Mikey this idea.

"Okay. I'll be counting on you." He didn't even blink to agree with her plan.

"Not even a second thought?"

"Your sixth sense is always sharp, so I believe in you."

"I might be wrong though, be careful."

"I will."

Mikey drove Rian to the festival by that. It was quite lively, and didn't seem like anything's happening at the moment.

"I'll contact you if anything."