Chapter 18

Mei's view

Takemichi actually stopped Mikey and Kazutora from killing each other, because of a charm he had on him. This touched Mikey's heart after seeing it. It was supposed to be Baji who's holding on to it, but it's with Takemichi now.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Flashback  2003 June 19th

Mei was 12 back then. With her adoptive parents already working abroad, she met this group of friends of hers. She'd hang out with them almost everyday after school was over. And in the weekends, they'd ride their bikes along the streets, just like what she's doing right now.

She was on her bike which she named 'Yuki' after taking a liking on the bike's white in colour. It was chill, hanging out with them. Her destination's at Musashi Shrine, and they've planned on meeting there.

With a traffic light on red in front of her, she also saw a few bikes there, waiting on the light to go green. Not hard to guess, it's her friends. Mikey was sitting behind Baji's bike, with Draken and Mitsuya beside them.

"Hey—!!" She greeted, but they seem to be arguing about something.

"My Zephyr's the best in Japan."

"Best in Japan? I can't just let that slide! My impulse is the best in the world! You guys think too small." It was Mitsuya who said that.

She stopped her bike beside them.
" 'Best' my ass, Yuki's better than all of your bikes."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! Don't even bother arguing when you're stuck with gravity! My KH's the best in the god damn universe!"
Kazutora too, started showing off his bike.

"And you're saying that with your piss-coloured bike?" Mei glared at him, judging his yellow bike without even hiding it.

"What'd you say?!"

"Ah? You babies just got your pubes in!"

"Huh? So did you!"

"Ah?! I've got loads of them since fifth grade!"

"Excuse me, this is inappropriate here?!"

The light turned green, and another bike just sped through the guys that's still arguing. It was Pah on the bike.

"My CB400F's the best. Let's race to the shrine!"

"Pah, you jerk!!"

"That's cheating!"

"Just about it, asshole!"

"The last place gets punishment, okay?!"

Minutes passed and they've reached Musashi Shrine one by one.

"I won!" Kazutora cheered

"Ha? Clearly I reached earlier than you!" Pah yelped, over the fact that he actually reached here earlier than the others.

"You cheated, clearly that doesn't count, does it." Mei who's sitting on her bike, backed up Kazutora.

"Where even is Baji and Mikey?"

"Who knows?"

Without them even noticing, they started playing soccer after waiting for the two for almost 10 minutes.

"Oi, Draken you hit my head!"

"My bad..."

"You're buying me ice cream!"

"The hell?!"

After all the arguing and playing, Baji finally arrived with Mikey on his back. He seemed like he's sleeping.