Chapter 10 - Let's meet in the middle

Hey guys hope you're liking it so far!
Quick question, would you guys appreciate a playlist alongside this?

I listen to some music as I write and my sister thought it would be nice to share it somehow, let me know x

Enjoy 🥰🫶🏾

*****

The whole vibe of this so far was the very definition of a date

The whole vibe of this so far was the very definition of a date. Neither wanted to admit this, but the staff picked up on it and so did other customers as they ate and then eventually left.

Aurora was looking into the menu while biting her lips contemplating on what sort of conversation she would want to start right now with her boss, should she ask about his hobbies? Is that appropriate?

But then again; this whole thing isn't that appropriate anyway. She gulped making a mental note of what she'd want to order, kinda.

Oliver was going through mental gymnastics also, currently wrestling over whether to ask about how she came to work at the restaurant or what kind of things she loved doing in her spare time. This wasn't hard in theory; but Aurora's presence alone made his lower body feel hot and his hands clammy.

"So what kind of stuff do you like to do in your spare time?" Oliver said folding the menu and leaning over on his elbows. This prompted Aurora to lower her menu but she couldn't help but use it to hide her grin.

All she was seeing was Oliver's large arm muscles stretching his dress shirt and strands of his wavy hair dangled in front of his beautiful face as she dazzled her with those radiant white teeth. Just down bad and hungry.

"Oh um well, I actually really enjoy reading! What about you?" She asked him back. She could've rambled on about reading about at the end of the day; less is more.

"Admittedly I'm actually kind of a workaholic, but if I had to list them I'd say I really enjoy exercise, specifically hikes and martial arts and cooking!" Oliver cheesed, Aurora smiled seeing how passionate he was about what he loved. She started to wonder what his cooking tasted like.

"So I know you're in your early twenties, what's your path so far? You in university?" Oliver asked sipping the tap water the waiter brought not long ago.

"I'm a final year student studying linguistics, I hope to go into publishing or marketing," Aurora grins back at Oliver. The glowing gleam she had while talking about what she was passionate about studying made Oliver really happy to hear about.

On queue a waitress comes to collect their orders, Aurora and Oliver went with steak and fries since it was lunch and all. The waitress walking away amused remembering how they both blushed saying the same thing and the same time.

Throughout the date they discovered new things about each other, such as Aurora's favourite colour being baby pink and having an obsession with custard creams, Oliver disclosed his being olive green. Then played the game of two trues, one lie where they learned things they didn't even think they'd ever disclose about each other.