Chapter 21 - Competitive much?

"I just feel like beating me for the fifth time was an overkill

"I just feel like beating me for the fifth time was an overkill."Oliver grumbled as he walked from his kitchen and passed a very triumphant Aurora a bottle of water.

They had just finished playing with her Nintendo switch and it was Mario kart; today Oliver learnt that Aurora is exceptional at it. So much so that he even owes her since his dumb ass was so confident he placed multiple bets.

After the meeting he had decided to swing by and see if they would be able to spend the night together and as luck would have it, she was free as Ingrid had to go visit someone. As soon as she came through Oliver's front door she sped towards the television and plugged in the console so we could play; she said  he needs a fun relaxing game to chill out.  But as soon as they both pressed accelerate he saw a completely different side to her, a terrifying bloodthirsty side and with each win she would release the most menacing laugh followed by a smug grin.

"It's not my fault you're shit at Mario kart babe,  but don't worry you will get better." She gave a sweet smile but her furrowed brows showed she revelled in this. Aurora took a sip from her water and scooted closer to him, reaching out for his hand and giving it a squeeze. She knew this whole meeting was stressful for him and although they both knew it would go well it still is a lot.

"Now, tell me how was everything?" She said staring into his eyes. He sighed before leaning over and trying to practically lie in between her thighs.

"It went exactly how I thought it would, Charlie tried to get me to not fire her. Martha was being as useless as always and they even tried to contest me by saying I had no evidence."Aurora hummed as she listened to him and ran her fingers through his hair.

"She ended up leaving in the end but now that just leaves Martha and Charlie. So I guess it's not really over," he sighed again as his hands gripped her thighs lightly and he nuzzled his head in between her pillowy thighs shutting his eyes as he felt her gentle fingers run through his scalp.

"I'm so sorry, all this was a lot wasn't it? Especially with your family being involved too." Aurora said in a gentle voice, mainly focusing on rubbing his scalp. Oliver paused when he felt her hands stop and he peered up and saw her face had a very conflicted expression on it.

"Nothing you have to apologise for, everything okay?" He asked, rising up to sit up straight and then turn to look at her directly.

"Yeah I'm just glad she's gone, I've gotten much closer to Amara now so knowing she'll be so much safer at work is reassuring." she gave a reassuring smile to which Oliver got closer to envelop her in his arms.

Aurora had taken the time to really get to know her a lot better and from that they developed a lovely friendship. The friendship at work was now a happy little trio, they're even going to do something together this weekend.

After Oliver had seen she was looking happier they got back into the position they were in prior and Aurora carried on massaging his scalp. They carried on talking about little things; whatever was on the television or how Aurora's phone had been going off with messages from Oliver's younger sister; Malia.