Chapter 2

"Please no, no, no." I sighed as I looked down at the stick that I had just peed on.

I held the stick in my hands, sitting on the toilet waiting patiently for the sign to appear to let me know if I was pregnant or not. I was praying in my head that I wouldn't be, and that I wouldn't have to change my whole life for one night.

There was always the alternative that I could lean on but I didn't want to even think about it. Abortion was the last thing I wanted but if it was the last optinon I had then I was willing to do whatever it took. Adoption was another option. I had ten siblings, plus myself and my mother who all lived with me. Adoption was maybe the best option.

At least it seemed that way. 

I looked down at my cell phone to check the time, only having a minute left. I wanted to make time go faster. I just wanted to know already so I didn't have to deal with the nerve wrecking part of not know what was going on. Either I was pregnant, and I was going to change my life forever. 

Or I wasn't and nothing was going to happen. Life was going to go back to the way it was, being a complete mess. There was also another issue. Wither the baby was Gabriels' or Toby's. I didn't remember sleeping with Toby but I was drunk, and Gabriel also told me that he wasn't able to have kids.

None of this made sense.

I looked back down at the stick for what seemed like twenty times in the past three minutes. I looked at the box, then the stick, back at the box. My mind was racing so fast, panicking so badly that I just didn't know if I even wanted to know. Maybe I could ignore it, and it would go away so I wouldn't have to deal with it. 

I looked down one last time.

Posative.

I was pregnant.

I rubbed my eyes trying to get a good look at the test before collecting my thoughts that were definatly scattered everywhere at this point. I sighed as I took a picture of it with my cell phone then wrapped toilet paper around it and shoved it into the bottom of the trash can so nobody would find it. 

"Lex come on, hurry up." Carla whinned from outside the bathroom door.

"Shut up." I groaned.

I walked out of the bathroom, pushing my sister past me almost knocking her to the ground as I stormed into my bedroom. I slammed my door shut, and laid down on my bed waiting for my mother to come into my room and yell at me for being harsh to Carla.

I waited but nobody came into my room which was shocking. I pulled my shirt off, and my pants. I crawled up onto my bed after shutting the lights off. My room was pitch dark and I loved it. I hated when there was any kind of light in my room at night, in the morning, during the day, at any time.

Bzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz

"Hello?" I asked annoyed.

"Lex, please talk to me." Gabriel pleaded on the other end of the phone line.

"Gabriel, stop calling me." I snapped angerly.

"Why won't you talk to me?" He snapped.

"Because you are a worthless prick. You fucking cheated on me with Lucy. You both can go rot in hell." I snapper angerly before hanging up the phone.

I whipped my phone acrost the room letting it hit the wall and fall to the ground in a bunch of tiny peices. I thought for a minute about how badly that was going to effect my life later on that I didn't have a phone to get ahold of anybody. And the fact that I couldnt memorize a number to save my life.