Chapter 19

"So when's she due?" He asked as I took another mouth full of noodles into my mouth.

"Umm, a few weeks but she could come at any time by now." I smiled proudly.

"Oh." He replied eating some more, not looking at me.

He looked cute, even got all dressed up just to come out with me. He had a white button up shirt on, and a pair of jeans. I had on my red frilly dress that stopped barely under my butt thanks to my huge stomach. I smiled down at Mia then ate more food, letting the awkward silence be.

"So how's Lola?" I asked, breaking the ice.

I didn't really care how she was. I didn't care about anything that had to do with that stupid whore. She stole Toby from me! Well, kind of. Pretty much anyways. 

"We broke up." He promised.

Not that I cared.

Okay, I did care.

A lot.

"Oh." I sighed in amazment.

Maybe I did care, but only when it was news like this. Only when it was him telling me that they broke up. I felt myself get instantly happy. I wanted Toby, and now I had a better chance at getting him back.

"She wasn't woman enough for me." He joked.

"Oh i'm sure." I laughed.

"No." He laughed.

"So what's the real reason?" I asked.

"Honestly?" He smiled.

"Honestly." I confirmed.

"I couldn't picture myself being with her forever or ever getting married to her. She's cute, and fun for a while but I couldn't ever marry a girl like that. She's too squeaky for one." He smiled.

"I noticed." I replied.

"And besides, she wouldn't be a good mother. I need a woman who could potentially be the mother of my children one day. She wasn't mommy material. My family hated her, and sometimes I did too. I just wanted the attention." He shrugged.

"You know how bad that makes you sound." I laughed.

"You can't tell me that the night we met you didn't just come out looking for some male attention." He smirked.

"Well, I guess so yeah." I laughed.

"Exactly." He smirked sexily.

"I definitely got it." I smiled back.

"You forced me." He joked.

"Psh, total lie." I laughed.

I wish things would have been like this to begin with. Things needed to change with Toby and me if we were going to try and work things out. Not that I wanted to. 

Okay, I wanted to.

"You want to get out of here?" He smiled.

"Sure." I replied.

The ride was longer than I had expected and the awkward tension between us only made it that much worse. I wasn't bored, just cautious. I kept my hands on my lap as he drove down the road, far away from where I was currently staying with Luke and partly Nate.

"Okay, I want to show you something." He said getting out of the truck.

I got out after him and he rushed over to my side to help me out. I slid my body out careful not to hurt Mia as I landed on my feet. Toby grabbed my arm carefully and the tingles rocketed up my body. I almost forgot about the tingles that I had with Toby. How could I forget? 

"Where are we?" I asked looking around at a beach.

"Just come on." He said grabbing my hand.

He linked my fingers in with his as other people spread out on blankets on the beach, watching the sunset. I smiled at the pink looking sky. It was pretty, no, gorgeous, breath taking even. It almost made me feel calm. 

"Where are we going, come on." I pleaded.

"Almost there." He said.

He continued to drag me onto the peir, the end of the peir. There was a few initials carved into the cement on the edge of the peir. There was a heart around it and a date. The sun was setting perfectly, and it was starting to get dark. My dress blew around in the air as Toby stopped me from walking.

"This is it?" I laughed.

"This spot is very special to my family." He smiled.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"My grandmother Lydia, and grandfather James, were forbidden to be together. They were from different packs, completely different ones. But they were mates, meant to be together forever." He started.

"Toby?" I questioned.

"My grandfather pulled my grandmother away from her pack. He took her half way acrost the world to this spot right here where his pack originated." He continued.

"And?" I questioned, really confused.

"He stood here right here, in this exact spot. He smiled at how beautiful she was, she was known to be completely breath taking, just like the sun set from this view. He said it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. So he got down on one knee, and proposed to her, right here." He smiled.

"Oh." I blushed.

I saw him leaned down, setting one knee on the ground then smile up at me. What the hell was going on? This wasn't really happening. I had to be dreaming, right? His shirt was slightly unbuttoned, giving me a perfect view down his shirt to his body. He smiled up at me as his hair blew gently in the wind.

"Marry me." He stated.