Chapter 18

37 Weeks Pregnant

"Thanks Nate." I laughed, pushing him away from me.

"It's been three weeks and still nobody knows where you are." Nate smiled.

"You must've been great at hide and seek as a kid." I joked.

"I was alright." He smiled.

Luke let me stay in his cabin along with Nate who was there almost 24/7. I left Toby's house and moved here that night with Luke who has been staying here with me to keep an eye on me and Mia. To make sure everything was going okay. It was peaceful and care free. I loved not arguing with someone every time I turned around.

"Does Toby ask about me?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, sometimes." Nate sighed.

"Oh." I frowned looking down.

I don't know why I asked, or why I expected him to be heart broken that I left or something. He was probably too busy sleeping with Lola to even realize that I was gone, that Mia was gone, we were gone.

"I think him and Lola are going to split up." Nate assured me.

"Really?" I almost smiled.

"Yeah, he says she's really annoying and all she wants is sex." Nate shook with disgust.

"How's Strom?" I smiled.

"She's good, things are great." He blushed.

"So are things getting serious with you two?" I smiled as I sat down on the couch.

"I think so, I think we're going to take that next step in our relationship." He winked.

"Oh god, please be careful." I said sternly.

I didn't even think of Nate as Toby's little brother, I thought of him more as mine. He was family, the only family I had at this point. I didn't want the same thing that happened to me, end up happening to him.

"I think she's my mate." He admitted.

"Your mate? Whoa, that's a big deal." I smiled.

"How do I know she is or not?" He frowned.

"You'll get the tingles. I got them with Toby. Any time you guys touch it will feel like tingles are running up your body. Something is telling you not to let her go, not to let her leave no matter what is wrong. You just want her, and no one else." I smiled at the thoughts of Toby.

"That's what I was afraid of." He sighed.