Chapter 10

"She what?" I asked in a panick.

"Listen Lex, it wasn't planned or anything." He continued.

He looked down at my stomache and ran his hands over it gently. He sighed sadly as he ran his hands back to my hips and pulled me down so I was laying on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and sighed as he played with the ends of my hair. It was a nice moment between us, cute, and perfect.

"Olivia was twenty weeks pregnant with our daughter, when-" He began as his voice cracked.

"It's okay, we don't have to talk about it." I hesitated.

"I want you to understand that if I ever get mad over something you do. I just don't want anything to happen to the baby. I want this baby to be amazing, and I know it will be. I just get scared that you're going to do something or something will happen." He said against my neck, still playing with the ends of my hair.

I leaned up so I was facing him, hovered over him. I lifted myself a little because of my stomache and pushed my lips onto his. I sucked on his bottom lip as he grabbed my waist and sighed. I pulled away from his lips and saw a tear fall down the side of his face. I wiped it away quickly. 

It was killing me to see that Toby was this upset over his past experience with Olivia. I finally understood why she hated me so much, and why she was so attatched to Toby. Their baby died. I didn't ask how or why I just left it at that. He seemed really upset and I wanted to be there for him, and help but I didn't know how.

"Shh, it's okay." I said, playing with his hair softly.

"I just don't want anything to go wrong." He sobbed into my shirt.

"Look." I said.

I sat up, making him sit back up against the wall with his back. I grabbed his right hand, and set it down on my stomache. I pressed it a little as he sighed just staring at it like I would burst open at any time now. I wanted Toby to understand that I wasn't going to let anything happen to the baby, but I know anything I said I was going to make him even more upset than he already was.

I stretched myself out, not realizing I had even fallen asleep. Toby was already awake laying on his back waiting for me to wake up before he went downstairs. I looked over at him, he was so handsome. He really was a great guy, it just took a while for me to realize it. He leaned over and kissed me, then kissed my stomache before getting off of the bed. 

I stood up on the bed, really not wanting to leave the room. I wanted to just lay in bed with Toby all day but I knew I couldn't do that. We were here to be on vacation, and it was going to be that way, along with Nate, Luke, and even...Olivia. 

"Here." Toby said.

He walked over to the side of the bed where I was standing. He kissed my stomache and smiled as he grabbed my thighs. I grabbed his shoulders as he grabbed me off the bed, wrapping my legs around him. He held me up by my thighs as he carried me downstairs where everybody else was lounging around.

"I don't know how you can still lift me." I laughed, catching Olivia's attention.

"You're not that heavy." He chuckled as he leaned over and kissed me.

"Are you sure? I've gained like two hundred pounds." I joked.

"You still look good to me." He smirked as he set me down on the counter.

"You know what guys? We've been here for a day already, and none of us have went swimming." I said, facing the living room where they all sat around.

"Are you saying you want me to get into that merky lake water?" Nate cringed.

"Yes, come on. It'll be fun." I smiled.