Chapter 5

"Your mother told me that you're pregnant." Gabriel said angerly snapping in my face.

I stood there with my arms crossed over my chest not looking at him as I stood outside of Toby's house. I saw Toby walked outside behind me. I felt his hand land on my side, and stay placed there as he glared daggers at Gabriel.

"Is he upsetting you?" Toby asked. 

"This is the other guy? The alpha?" Gabriel laughed angerly.

"Gabriel stop." I said looking at the ground.

"Look man, get off my property. Lex obviously doesn't want you here. You're upsetting here." Toby said standing in front of me. 

"You didn't tell him did you?" Gabriel smiled at me.

"P-please don't." I studdered.

"I'm the other possible father for that child in there." Gabriel snapped. 

Toby's eyes turned to me with much hate filling them. I knew the secret was going to come out eventually, I just wished that i'd be the one to tell him on my own time. Or at least find out first if the baby was Toby's and then tell him what happened with me and Gabriel. I sighed as Toby looked at me angerly, clenching up his fists as I continued to stare at the ground not saying a word.

"Get out of my yard." Toby demanded in his alpha tone.

Gabriel looked at him angerly as Toby grabbed my arm feircly and basically threw me inside. He slammed the door behind him and walked up the stairs to his bedroom. I stood there waiting for him to say something but he wasn't talking to me. I know I messed up but it wasn't supposed to be like this.

"Toby I-" I began.

"Don't even talk to me." He snapped as he slammed his bedroom door shut.

I woke up stretching myself out and looking around the living room. Nate sat in a chair not very far from me staring at me with a confused look on his face. I glared back at the kid who couldn't keep his eyes off of me.

"My mother picked up your things. She's at the hospital giving birth right now. Toby said to tell you that he'd be back later to have a chat with you." Nate said with a blank expression on his face.

"He didn't want us to come with to the hospital?" I asked.

"Not you." Nate said plainly, "He said to let you rest and i'm here to keep an eye on you."

"I don't need a babysitter." I snapped.

"Look, you don't need to get defensive with me." Nate explained.

"Sorry, i'm just used to fighting." I sighed as he frowned over at me.

I wasn't even sure what was going on here or what he was thinking. What was I thinking? Why didn't Toby take me with him to the hospital? He probably just didn't want to deal with me and my arguing. Not that I blamed him.

"Have we met before?" Nate asked cocking his head to the side.

"At my dads funeral." I whispered as he frowned over at me.

"Sorry. Umm want to make some dinner? I'm guessing that Toby is going to be longer than he figured. He thought he'd be back by now." Nate said.

"Yeah, i'm starving." I said.

Nate grabbed my hands, helping me off of the couch as if I was already as big as his mother was at this stage in her pregnancy. We walked into the kitchen where he grabbed a pot, put water in it and set it down on the stove. He smiled over at me as I sat on the counter. Nate was the closest thing I would have to a friend during my pregnancy, and this is where I knew it for sure.