Chapter 3

Comment? Vote?

I need to know how i'm doing so far.

Pleeeeeaase! (:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're-I mean we-" He began then stopped to think about it.

"Well-" I said reaching for his truck door.

We sat outside my house in his truck giving him time to think about what to say to me which he still didn't clearly think about. I sat there not speaking. I didn't know if I should speak or just let him be mad for a while. What was he going to say? What was he going to do? What was I going to do?

"Lex I just-I don't understand." He paused. 

"What don't you understand?" I snapped.

"We-we used a condom right?" He asked confused.

"I-I don't really remember." I admitted.

"Well, what are you going to do?" He asked.

"What am I going to do?" I asked, putting a lot of enfasis on the "I".

"I mean, you're the mom. Don't you decide what happens to the kid and stuff?" He asked.

"Great so now not only am I pregnant but it's all up to me to decide what to do with OUR baby's life?" I snapped as I got out of his truck, slamming the door behind me.

"Lex I didn't mean it like that." Toby insisted. 

"Don't worry Toby, I wont ask you to help." I snapped as I continued to walk.

I ignored everything that he was yelling at me and let him be upset with me. I didn't want to hear his excuses. Not only because I was mad over what he said but also because I didn't know it the baby was his or Gabriels. And I really didn't want to get mad and tell Toby that.

I walked inside where my mother was sitting at the table with her hair up in a pony tail which showed me that she hadn't showered yet today. Her eyes were blood shot as she stared up at me angerly. She clenched down her fists and then slammed them down on the table causing me to jump.

"Where have you been?" She asked in a kind of voice that told me no matter what I said it was going to be the wrong answer. 

"I was with Toby." I answered truthfully.

"Toby? The Alpha Toby? What did he want with you?" She asked almost concerned.

"He wanted to talk to me about mother. She's like twenty months pregnant and he needed my help to clean." I said standing strait up at attention.

"Oh, well you need to get up early and go to the store for me in the morning. I need things to make some home made bread." She said.

Home made bread? My mother hasn't made anything home made, or barely cooked at all for that matter since my father died a few years ago. They were about to get back together when he mysteriously died. She smiled at me motioning me with her eyes to get upstairs to bed since I had to get up early the next morning.

I obeyed her commands and walked up the steps to my bedroom. I took a glance back at my mother who was sobbing, still sitting at the table. I almost felt bad for her but then again I knew I shouldn't. She was the reason that my life was pretty much a living hell. And I was never going to forgive her for that.

She could have been a mature adult and talked to me about my fathers death. She could have taken care of us, cried in private or at least just not blocked us kids out. What mother said went or there was horrible consiquences. Consiquences that none of us ventured to deal with more than once. After once you learn to just do what you're told.