Chapter 12

I was too scared to open my eyes once I knew I was awake. I didn't want to be awake, I wanted to sleep. I knew Toby was going to yell at me for not taking care of myself and taking care of Mia like I should have been doing. I slowely pealed my eyes open to realize I was in the hospital again. I hated the hospital but it seemed like I spent most of my time here.

I looked around the room to see that nobody was in it with me, I was alone, and I didn't like  it. I didn't want to be alone. I wanted Nate. I needed Nate, he was the only one who seemed to care that things with me and Toby were complete shit. He's the only one who showed any interest in me or Mia.

I looked down at my stomache, running my hands over it and I could feel Mia moving a little bit, making me smile. Just knowing that Mia was okay, was enough to keep me happy. I really didn't care why I was in the hospital as long as Mia was okay.

"I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you Mia." I whispered.

"Oh good, you're awake." Luke smirked.

"I need Nate." I said, letting a tear fall down my face.

"I'll go get him." Luke assured me as he left my room.

I waited there for what seemed like hours, and was shocked to see that I didn't really care if Toby showed up or not. I wanted Nate, and only Nate to be around me at this point. If something was wrong, I wanted Nate to tell me, to hug me, hold me, and tell me it was going to be okay. I wanted Nate. He was my best friend.

"Hey." Nate whispered, walking into the room.

"What happened?" I asked scared.

"Have you ever had a seizure before?" He asked calmly.

"Well I used to have them all the time as a kid, normally only when I get stressed out or really upset over something. Sometimes at random, why?" I asked.

"You have epilepsy." He frowned.

"What?" I panicked.

"It's random seizures that are caused by abnormal activity in your brain. It's a brain disorder." He explained. 

"Oh." I whispered sadly.

"The good thing is Mia seemed to be perfectly fine. The doctors checked and she seems fine, but you're not allowed to be under any more stress until you have her." He explained.

"I can't do that around Toby." I frowned.

"He's agreed to move out until you have Mia, if that made you more comfortable." Nate smiled hopefully. 

Toby was really willing to move out, to leave and not live at his own house for me just so I wont be stressed while pregnant. Mia needed to be safe, and I needed to make sure of it but I also wanted Toby. Him not being around really made me uncomfortable and made me stressed out, which also wasn't good for Mia.

"I want him to be there. Being around Toby makes me comfortable when he's not yelling at me." I frowned.

"Do you want me to bring him in here so you can talk to him?" Nate asked.

"No." I shook my head sadly, "I'll wait until we get home to talk to him. Just tell him that I want him to stay."

Nate agreed to talk Toby into staying at the house if we didn't argue until Mia was born, and I agreed to watch Luna over the weekend for Kara so she could go on a business trip. I think he was secretly hopeing that Luna would give me some training into being a mom, since I would be one soon. 

Arriving back at the house alone made me feel even more comfortable than I already was. I was beyond happy to be back at the house with Nate, Toby, and Luna. Kara hugged me before she left the house, handing Luna over to Nate who didn't seem to mind taking control of taking care of her.