Chapter 14

27 Weeks

Toby walked back inside as I sat down at the table with Nate who was helping me taste test baby food. I laughed at Nate as his nose scrunched up from the taste of pears. I looked over to Toby who walked in with his girlfriend on his arm. YES, You heard that correctly, his girlfriend. I talked to Gabriel, and Toby made the decision to start dating a little blonde girl named Lola. She was new to his pack, and younger than him.

Lola was the giggley type of girl that I knew Toby would get annoyed with quickly. She was about my height with long blonde hair and blue eyes that reminded me of Olivia. Lola was a fairly pretty girl but her nose was more pointed and reminded me of a tucan bird. 

"I'm not feeding this stuff to my child." I laughed, completely ignoreing Toby.

"Well aren't you going to breast feed?" Nate smirked.

"Don't be gross." I sneered as Lola looked over at us.

"I'm just saying...boobs." Nate winked.

"Come on you perv, we have to get to the doctors remember?" I smiled, getting up off of the chair I was sitting on.

"Are you having a girl?" Lola asked innocently.

"Well, we never found out for sure. I just know she's a girl." I smiled.

"We're naming her Mia." Nate smiled, wrapping his arm around me.

"We?" Toby growled.

"Alright, see you guys later." I smiled, pulling Nate out of the room.

The doctors wasn't very fun, not that you'd expect it to be but still, it was boring. Nate and I decided to pick up chinese food on the way home after the apointment. He was annoyed with me for not wanting to know the sex for sure but I wanted it to be a suprise even though I knew Mia was a girl. We went back home where Toby was sitting with Lola eating dinner at the table. Kara was still at work, working late the past week or so.

"Where's Luna?" I asked.

"She's already asleep." Lola smiled.

"Alright, well me and Nate are going to go upstairs then." I said turning on my heal.

"Wait, aren't you going to eat?" Toby snapped, "You need to eat, for Mia." 

"We picked up food on the way home. I think we're just going to go-whoa owch." I whimpered, backing myself up against the counter.

"What's wrong?" Toby asked, shooting to my side. 

"Shh, breath Lex." Nate whispered, holding my hand.

"No Nate, it hurts." I whimpered as the pain continued.

"What's going on?" Toby growled, angry that he wasn't involved.

"Breath Lex, come on. Listen to my voice Lex, breath in and then breath out. Slowely, come on, in, breath, out." He said, trying to calm me down.

I tried to focus on Nate's voice but the tingles I got from Toby were more than distracting to me. I tried to think about breathing as I breathed in and out. The more I breathed the calmer I got, and the more my body relaxed. I breathed out again, letting my body calm down.

"Thanks." I said to Nate then pushed my hands down on my stomache, rubbing gently.

"What the hell was that?" Toby snapped.

"They're braxton hicks contractions. They're common at her stage in the pregnancy. The doctor said not to worry to much unless they get more frequent, but they shouldn't." Nate explained, sounding more like the father than Toby.