Chapter 4

"Six weeks." The nurse assured me.

"So she really is pregnant? There's no way your computer is jamming up. She for sure is pregnant?" Toby panicked.

"Yes, she's pregnant." The nurse smiled at me then frowned when she noticed I wasn't very happy about this.

"Oh." I sighed.

"There are other alternatives like, terminating the pregnancy." The nurse suggested.

"You mean aboriton?" I asked.

"Yes, let's do that. That's a great idea, just poof all gone. Let's do that, we definatly want some of that abortion crap." Toby said confidently.

"No, no i'm not doing that." I snapped in his direction.

"Lex, this could be all over right now." Toby argued.

"I'll give you two a minute." The nurse said leaving the room quietly.

I sat there self consiously as Toby stared at me angerly. He didn't understand how I felt about the baby. I didn't expect him to but I wasn't going to do that. It's murder isn't it? Killing an innocent human being all because Toby wants me to. Just to get my life back to normal. Have nothing to show for this.

"Lex, what are you doing?" Toby urged.

"Toby that's wrong. It's wrong of you to even ask me to do that." I snapped angerly.

"What do you want to do then? Have a child? Go through child birth at your age just to have a child that you more than likely will get taken away because of the way you act. Do you really want that? You think you can actually do this?" He asked still going.

"Because of the way I act?" I snapped, shaking with rage.

I looked away from him, jumping off of the table and pulling my pants back on. I pulled on Toby's shirt that I was still wearing and then stood there angerly ignoreing Toby with whatever he was trying to say. 

I was only sex weeks pregnant and he was already accusing me of being a horrible mother. He didn't know me, and he didn't know what i've been through. He doesn't know that I can't mother a child. I do it with my siblings all the time. He didn't know that of course because all he wanted from me was sex. That's all he was interested in anyways, right?

"Lex." Toby said chasing after me as I walked in the parking lot. 

"Go away." I snapped, continueing to walk away from him acrost the huge parking lot.

"I didn't mean that in the way you took it." He snapped angerly.

"Kay." I replied still walking.

"Elektra, stop it right now." He demanded in his alpha tone.

I stood in my tracks completely irritated with Toby and wanting nothing to do with him at this time. He insisted on aruging with me. I turned on my heal to face Toby who wasn't standing very from me me, only a few inches away my chest.

"Don't you fucking demand me around like you own me." I growled in his face.

"As of right now, technically I do. At least I own that little thing inside of you." He growled back.

"No remember, i'm the mom so I choose. That is what you said, remember?" I urged, trying to make him angry.

It was working.

"That's unfair." He snapped.

"Life is unfair." I argued back with my arms crossed over my chest.

I set my arms gently over my chest, trying not to irritate my boobs which were aching. I tried not to touch them too much or show Toby that I was uncomfortable but he noticed anyways. He was not very happy with the way I was acting but could sense I was uncomfortable. He frowned at me as I walked over to his truck and stood there angerly. 

By the time Toby even reached his truck I was more upset than angry. I was beyond scared, but again, that was a sign of weakness so I tried not to show it. I stood with my back against his truck, my arms over my stomache, crossed like a pretzel.

"Are we done arguing? Because we need to go talk to my mother." Toby said calmly.

I looked up at Toby who seemed to still notice that something was off with me. I wanted him to understand how mad he was making me. I wish he'd just understand that I can't get an abortion and still be able to live with myself. I just couldn't.

"Yeah." I said quietly as I walked over and got into his truck with him.

It seemed like any time we were in a car together it was really awkward and uncomfortable. We didn't talk in the car which was fine with me because anything he said would make me mad and turn into a fight. I was just tired. I wanted to go home to Storm, crawl up into bed and sleep for days. Months, until this was all over with.

Toby's mother seemed to know something was wrong because she was sitting on the couch waiting for us when we walked in the door. Toby was looking at the clock like there was somewhere he needed to be as we walked inside and stood in front of her like we were on display or something.

"She's pregnant?" His mother Kara asked.

"It was an accident." Toby urged.

"Toby, listen to me." His mother began.

"Mom-" He tried to argue.

"Lex, you're moving in here. Your mother called me a little while ago and explained to me that she is very upset with you. You will be staying in Toby's room with him until the child is born or your mother lets you move back home." Kara explained.

"Mom, you know she can't live here." Toby argued angerly. 

"You made the choice Toby, live with the consiquences." Kara said as she got up off of the couch, barely able to do it herself.

"Mom." Toby snapped.

"Lex, i'll come with you to get your things from your house tomorrow. Right now you really should rest. I'm sure you're tired." Kara said looking from me to Toby.

I laid in Toby's bed, trying to get myself comfortable but I couldn't get comfortable without him here laying with me. It's like the baby already knew when Toby wasn't around. I moved around trying to relax but failing with every position I tried to lay in. 

It got late quickly and Toby was out on alpha business, leaving me alone for a while. Maybe a little seperation with us wasn't such a horrible idea anyways. He was obviously still very upset with me, and now upset with his mother. I felt like such a burden to him. To his family.

I closed my eyes, letting a tear fall down my face as I tried not to think about everything that was going on. Toby didn't want me here. He wanted me to get an abortion. He doesn't want me. I wiped the tear away and tried to control myself as Toby walked into the room sounding exhausted.

"Why are you still up?" He asked.

"I don't know." I sighed as I scooched over to the edge of the bed. 

I looked over at Toby as he shut the light off. I saw him pull his shirt off and groan at his achey muscles. He sighed as I felt him crawl onto the bed. He sighed angerly, realeasing stress as he breathed out aggresivley.

"It'll be okay Lex." He assured me, pulling the blankets up over us.

"I know." I whispered. 

"I mean it. I know i'm busy a lot with alpha stuff and we're not together but i'm going to try and be here." He promised.

I looked over at him as he angerly grabbed his phone which was going off in his pocket. I looked over as he looked at the text he recieved from a girl named "Carly." 

*Hey baby, hope you made it home okay. I had a great night with you. See you at the party next week. Xoxo*

"Yeah, I almost believed that." I sighed, pulling myself as far away from him as possible.