a new kind of guard pt 2

Dalton pov
An hour later, we gather everyone. We gather in a field, and I smile as I say, "It's official were a lion guard." There's a short celebration before I say, "Before you join, you need to know it's a serious thing. Every day, you gotta show up and patrol and be ready." Everyone nods, and I say, "Someone come here." Dan steps up first, and I place my paw on his left shoulder as I say, "Dan, you're the fastest." He smiles and nods as the mark is placed on his shoulder. Ania is next, and I say, "Ania, the smartest." She says, "Smartest? It fits better." I say, "That's why I changed it." She walks back, and Braxton steps up proudly as I put my paw on his shoulder and say, " Braxton, the bravest." He says, 'You better believe it." Last is Tani, who just smiles as I say, "Tani the strongest." She says, "You already know." I smile and say, "Y'all, this is our future. We are the pridekillers." Everyone's excited, and we celebrate briefly before Braxton asks, "Did you try the roar." I say, "Haven't got to yet." He says, "You should try it now." I say, "I don't know how it works, honestly." He says, "You better figure it out soon." I say, "I will it shouldn't be hard." Just then, a bird flies over and says, "Zira needs you guys." I say, "Alright, let's go."
When we get to priderock, Zira seems to notice the mark but doesn't question it yet. We walk in, and she says, "Dalton, come here." We walk over, and she says, "I have a few things, starting with. Why is Kion at Rafiki's hut?" I say, "We found him and Fuli injured after a hyena attack. He doesn't plan to stay here once he can leave." She says, "My order was to kill him on sight." I say, "I don't follow your orders, especially in my land." She says, "He's an enemy to us." I say, "He hasn't been a threat yet if he is, we'll kill him, but I'm not just killing him." She sighs at my stubbornness and says, "Fine, but what is that on your shoulder?" I say, "The mark of the pridekillers." She says, 'The what?" I say, "The pridekillers, our version of the lion guard, with the support of mufasa himself." She sighs and says, "So you have the roar of the elders?" I say, "I believe so." She nods and says, "Fine." She walks into priderock motioning for us to follow, so we walk in and see the map again. This time, there are marks on it all across the borders. She says, "Each mark is either a hyena, former prideland lion, or unknown predator." I say, "What do you want us to do." She says, "Keep an eye out, we've had lions from the battle return causing issues, and we've had hyenas wrecking havoc." Ania says, "Do you think their working together?" Zira says, "It's possible yet unlikely." Ania nods, and Zira continues," We also believe there's a group inside the pridelands working with the lions." I say, "We'll keep an eye out."
She nods and says, "I'll keep you updated." I say, "Is that all?" Sbe says, "Yes, you can go back." I nod, and we walk out.
When we walk out, Rafiki is waiting, so he says, "Follow me." We do, and he leads us to a secluded cave behind priderock. The entrance is invisible through vines, but when we walk in, we see what used to be a lush cave with water and grass, but now it is just rock. Rafiki says, "This is the lion guard lair." Braxton says, "Looks like this thing needs dusting." Rafiki says, "Hmm, yes, it could use tidying." He bangs his stick on the ground 2x, and water starts flowing. Grass grows, and the dust settles.
Ania looks dazzled as she says, "Wow." Rafiki chuckles and says, "Yes, it is pretty impressive."
I smile and walk around seeing some large rocks to rest on, a pond to cool off in and painting all across the back wall. As I approach the paintings, I see lions tons of them 5 each. Rafiki says, "Their the lion guards of the past, each one has a portrait on the wall." I say, "Cool." He nods and says, "I will leave, so you can get to work." I say, "Thank you, Rafiki." He just nods and walks out the door. I sit on one of the rocks and rest for a moment before saying, "Alright, we better patrol today just a short one since ots already getting late." There's a few sighs but no protest, so we walk back out and around our half a few times before returning.

Hey guys, Jedi here, and this has gotten slow, so big chapter next, but no spoilers yet. Anyways have a good day/night may the force be with you Jedi out!!!