Chapter Five

Michale Pov

I walk through Sanctuary with Nikki.. My hands are in my pockets and Nikki's are hidden by her sleeves. I look at her out of the corner of my eye. She seems familiar, Where do I remember her from? Nikki bumps into me and my runestone glows. I blush and tuck it under my shirt.

"You don't remember me" She says sadly "You don't remember the fun we had when we were younger"

I look at her.

"Well I have a few memories from my childhood" I reply "But no, I don't remember you, I had an accident when I was five and I suffered memory loss"

"You had an accident?" she asked looking at me "Where?"

"Just outside of Snowhill" I say "Right before you get to the Kingston Farm"

Nikki blushed and looked down. Why does she act like this? Why do I get these feelings when she's near me? I look down at my rune stone and it's still glowing and my heart is beating fast. Whats going on? Why do these feelings only come when I'm next to her? Why does she expect me to remember her? I stop at the post office on the corner and Nikki stands next to me. I pull some cardboard that's shaped like armor out of my bag.

"You still have that?" Nikki said blushing

"This?" I ask holding up the armor "Sebastian said I wore it all the time and I protected this girl from potted plants with a wooden axe"

"Do you remember the girl's name?" she asked

"Kinda" I said looking at the armor "Looking at this makes it more clear but all I remember is her first name and that I liked her, she always pretended that the plants were attacking her so I could save her, she was cute too"

"Whats her name?" Nikki asked blushing red

"Her name was Sarah" I said looking at her "With an H, you okay?"

"Yeah" She said avoiding my eyes "I'm fine"

I blush and put the cardboard armor back. She blushes when I pulled that out, does she recognise it? No, she couldn't I only wore it around Sarah. Maybe if I carry the axe around Sarah will recognise me. But... what about Nikki? I get these feelings for her but I'm looking for a girl from my past, I don't want to hurt Nikki. I pull the axe out of my bag and put my bag back on. Nikki sees the axe and smiles slightly, she ran over to a potted plant and squealed.

"Help Michale" She said with a laugh "The plant is attacking me!"

I looked at her and blushed, My memories suddenly came flooding back and everything went black.

"Michale!" Nikki yelled running over

I opened my eyes and looked up at her and the crowd that had gathered.

"You're her" I said quietly

Nikki blushed and smiled. She laid her head on mine and cried a little.

"You remember" She said "You remember me"

I blush and my rune stone glows bright. I remember her, I remember everything. I remember how much she loved being around me. Nikki sits on her knees and cries. I sit up and hug her, a warm feeling flows through me. This must be what she feels all the time, she remembers everything and it killed her that I didn't .

"Nikki" I say softly "It's alright, I'm here, the plantimals can't get you now"

She looks at me and smiles.

"Thats right" She says with a laugh "Because my Warrior is here to protect me"

She laughs and tackles me with a hug. I smile and blush, I hold her close and she rests her head on my chest. The crowd dissolves and Nikki and I are left laying there laughing and hugging. Nikki gets off me and helps me up, I hold out the small wooden axe and she looks at me.