1 🌼

Hyunjin's POV :

Mom's breakfast smelled better than usual this morning, I wonder why? The smell of fresh bread was stronger than usual it kind of caught me off guard.. Mom almost always makes me fresh bread for breakfast every morning so why am I so startled?

"It smells so strong today mom?"

She smiled at me and just continued washing the curry stained bowl from last nights dinner. Why did everything feel so strange? Was it a special day like an anniversary?

"Sweetie, I need to have an important chat with you.."

I was kind of dazed because I nodded like this wasn't 'important' and took a bite of mom's signature bread. I mean nothing was ever that important in my household so I wasn't very interested, I knew mom was just going to bring up something about school ; maybe about my grades or a parent teacher conference, it wouldn't be very out of the ordinary since my grades aren't the best and my school try to keep up with these types of conferences every year.

"Well I had a chat with Felix's parents and he is going to be living here for a while.."

Since when did my mom get so chill? She never let's me and Felix have sleepovers.. Well this isn't really a sleepover is it he's staying with us.

"Really?! Since when did you become so soft mom!?"

I went all smiley and started picking at the fresh fruits on the table, I shoved one in my mouth and looked up at my mom ; she was just looking down like she was upset.. Was she crying? When did she care so much about Felix?

"What's the matter mom?"

Seriously, what's going on? One minute mom seemed happy to have Felix stay with us but now she just looked upset and I felt like she felt bad in a sense..? I knew Felix had an illness but that didn't seem like it was effecting him that much, he was still so smiley and I guess normal..? He obviously got drowsy and weak more easily now but he seemed fine, like completely fine.

"Felix's illness has gotten worse and his parents have found a good high pay job out of Seoul to pay for the medical expenses, so Mrs Lee and Mr Lee trust us to look after him.. Could you do that for the Lee family Hyune?"

Felix's condition is worse, why doesn't he tell me any of this?! That boy seriously angers me sometimes. What does he think I'll do?! How clueless can one be..?

"Mom what do you mean?!"

This was too annoying, why was I the last one to find out? I could see my mom getting more vulnerable by the tone of my voice, I didn't mean to scare her or make her upset I just didn't understand! Mom wiped the tear from her cheek and tried to smile ; but it clearly wasn't genuine, it was a smile that is just there to comfort you and only you.

"You better get ready it's already 11am, Felix and his parents will be here just before 1pm!"

Maybe I'm just a bad friend since I have only just realised the signs. Felix has been missing school frequently when I tried to confront him about it he just shrugged it off and said that he had to visit family members, me and everyone else didn't think anything of it ; I guess that shows how blind I really am. Felix had been growing slimmer and slimmer by the day and I admit I was concerned but I shrugged it off, I had the mentality that Felix wouldn't want me to care so why should I? Why was everything was coming to me now? Felix had missed out a whole entire week of school this week but I decided to stay in my awful mindset instead of worrying. Here I was questioning why Felix was so clueless but I was clearly the actual clueless one.

🌼🌼🌼