8 🌼

Hyunjin's POV :

"How about I go talk to your mom about all this artist stuff! You're a great artist Hyunjn, she'll realise that one day."

Was he insane? Does he really think my mom will listen to him just because he's Felix? My mom will NEVER accept that I want to be an artist and not a teacher or some nonsense!

"She won't listen to you, what's the use?"

"You don't know that!"

He's getting up ; gosh he really does think he has a chance.. Felix is so stubborn but to me his stubbornness is more of an 'optimistic' trait than maybe a 'selfish' trait. He never uses this trait in a malicious way or like he uses it to get something that would please himself, it's always to make others feel pleased.. This trait of his is something I'd never be able to pick up ; too complicated for me, it wouldn't suit me like how it suits Felix.

Felix's POV :

Hyunjin's mom is kind, like super kind but I feel like she only thinks about herself but I don't think she has realised that. She has the impression that if Hyunjin becomes an artist he won't be successful ; I don't know anything about art but I do know that Hyunjin's mind blowing talent that he shows in his art will make him successful with no doubt!

"A-auntie?"

Ah~ Why am I stuttering?

"Yes sweetie, are you hungry? I'm making some yummy breakfast for you boys right now!"

I can see slight wrinkles form on her face as she smiles, Hyunjin's mom is really young so they are quite faint ; she's pretty so I can see where Hyunjin got his striking looks from.

"A-ah well yes I am but that's not what I was going to ask..!"

How awkward of me..

"Oh, are you feeling ill?! Have you taken your pills this-"

"Hyunjin he um..ah.."

So I just cut her sentence off.. Mom and Dad are scolding me from wherever they are right now..

"...H-he..basically.. um...."

W-what is this feeling in my throat? Gosh, I feel sick ; like I'm about to throw up kind of sick.. Come on Felix, just calm down and get your words out!

"Are you feeling alright sweetheart? You don't look very well, how about you go lay down and I'll bring you some tea and breakfast?"

"Hyunjin stayed up all night to try to finish that beautiful painting in his room! I just wanted to tell you that he really enjoys painting and-.... I...I um.."

I don't think I can continue, It feels like I can't breathe! Maybe hitting my chest will help, or maybe fidgeting with my hands ; normally that helps me calm down..!

"Hm? Come on, how about we go upstairs yeah?"

"Auntie-!"

I'm raising my voice towards an adult, Felix what are you doing?!

"Please go easy on Hyunjin~!"

Complete silence, but not for long since I can't control my mouth now I've said something.

"I understand that it's frustrating that he doesn't study often but you can see how dedicated he is to being an artist!"

Why? Why did I do that? Mrs Hwang looks surprised, I don't think she expected the angel Felix to be so blunt.. I should apologise..

"I-I'm sorry a-auntie.. I won't raise my voice again!"

I can feel the sweat of my palms making it easier for me to rub my hands together to apologise.. Oh god I should bow, shouldn't I?

"What are you doing?! Stop that nonsense!"

She's really mad at me, Hyunjin was right.. Why do I never listen to my elders..?

"Why are you bowing and apologising?! You shouldn't be sorry ; I should.."

Okay what is happening..? I'm so clueless, I admit it!

"You shouldn't have to tell me how much my Hyunjin values his little art stuff, I should be realising this.. I should've been more understanding.."

This is such a relief..

"It's okay, everyone makes mistakes!"

"How sweet! How about you go tell Hyunjin that breakfast is ready, could you do that for me sweetheart?"

"Of course~!"

Now Hyunjin won't have to worry! Maybe I'm just special and I can solve everyone's problems. Hmm I might even help Hyunjin clean all that messy paint up if he even allows me too.. He'll probably just roll his eyes and say, 'Are you really going to clean it up?' it's kind of funny to me because I know that he doesn't want me to help him because of my condition, he tries to hide that in a kind way. Other people who relate to me would most likely take Hyunjin's comments in a bad way but I honestly don't! Him saying simple stuff like that shows that he does care about me and he just wants me to rest well so I can get better ; it's the thought that counts! I wonder what Hyunjin's mom was cooking? It looked like pancakes, if it was pancakes that would make sense because Hyunjin loves pancakes. I mean he loves all floury foods, always eating snacks!

(Sorry for the shorter chapter~~~ 🙃)

🌼🌼🌼