Gray Prologue

Pain. Sorrow. Emptiness.

Those were the only things gray haired-lad could think of as he walked the ever silent streets of Philadelphia on that grim night. The only thing standing out on the moonlight street was his gray, spiked-up hair.

But the main thing on his mind... was regret. Regret for his mistakes, his actions, and for everything in between. You'd think that after about a year of living with the guilt and trauma it would soon dissipate. Well, it didn't. It stuck and never left him, and everyday he wakes up to remember that what he did could never be undone without any hope of being fully redeemed by the one he hurt most.

Tonight was extra chilly, being the middle of winter, but it was nothing that the gray-haired lad couldn't deal with. All those times in the penalty box for going overboard in a hockey game gave him great physical endurance. Ah the rink, the adrenaline he felt, being able to contribute to the team in any way he could. It was exuberant to say the least.

As he passed by, he saw a young girl crossing the street while a truck began to reach her incredibly quickly. The girl didn't notice the incoming speeding truck because she had airpods on! Past and Present became one, a memory, more like a trauma, flashed itself in front of the gray-haired lad's view. With no hesitation, the gray-haired lad automatically sprinted toward the girl and tackled her away from the danger.

The truck left. The young girl was confused but couldn't say a word. The boy asked something, surprising himself, that could not be heard. Suddenly, his body started to dematerialize. Immense pain ran through every part of his body like a nail on each of his nerves as he screamed. The girl didn't do anything due to the shock. Eventually, everything went black.

~~~~~~~~

The pain stopped. The gray-haired lad felt his body reappear and he fell to the ground. He was in a void of black and blue that seemed to have no end. Confused as can be, he got up but was blinded by a mysterious light.

In the distance, at least 15 feet away, was a tall door-shaped void that radiated brilliant light from it. The gray-haired lad decided to investigate it, but suddenly, a dark vine got a hold of him the moment he took a step. Then he took another step and more vines gripped him and tried to pull him down.

The gray harried lad, panicked and squirmed towards the "door" as more vines pulled him down. He didn't know why, but he had a burning determination to reach the "door". The gray haired-lad could even hear eerie voices saying things like, "You don't deserve it..." "You shouldn't be here..." "You should have died instead of her...", trying to eat at his will.

By the time the gray haired-lad was able to get a hold of the door, the only part left of his body was his head. But luckily, a last-minute push of strength got most of his arms through the door and his entire body warped to the other side of the door.

First, he regained his vision. Then the ground was gone. The fall had begun.

Blood rushed through his head as he free fell from the sky. He frantically looked at his surroundings to see mountains, a desert, something volcanic, a beach, a city, floating land, and a giant forest. Correction: a forest with giant trees started getting near him.

The gray haired-lad curled into a ball as he hit branches, wood, what he hoped was moss, until suddenly falling on some soft grass and being met by a horizon of another world. 

A/N: hello lovely people, I am not dead. Surprise Surprise. It has been like what 3 years or something. A lot of stuff has happened, personal stuff and work getting in my way. I have decided to delete the ARSC because I didn't like the direction it was going and I was just copying the smg4 waluigi arc. I will be putting off all fanfiction projects on hold for the imminent future. If I were to do any, it will be a splatoon 2 story. The Kraken cup made me realize I don't like tournaments. The placement always messes me up. Or maybe I will, who knows. This is a project that I have been working on for a while now and I am excited to share it with you guys. This will be a totally original story. I am posting it here to see if people like it and maybe in the future It will get a manga and anime adaptation. Fingers crossed. If you have any feedback that can help me please comment it, it helps a lot. I have chapters 1-3 done and I have someone else who is reviewing them. All help helps. Anyway have a nice rest of your day, stay safe, and until next time...

Stay Fresh!!!

P.S. 

No illustrations because I am not that good  at drawing and it takes too much. Maybe in the future that'll change.

And also you may have noticed that it reads Isekai on the tags. This is indeed an isekai but it's not gonna be like those boring, repetitive Isekais that do nothing original and are pure power fantasies. This is an isekai with the same care and love as a shonen story. Enjoy...