Chapter 16: Failed Attempt

"Hey guys, what would you do if we weren't war criminals?" Asked a bored Simul. The Fruit Fighters were all sitting in one of the watchtowers, overlooking the future battlefield. Three days of setting traps, training, and evacuation really go by quickly. 

Endi was the first to answer by saying, "I personally wouldn't have it any other way. Living a life on the run where everyone hates you and tries to kill you is better than one where you are used."

"True, true," said everyone who could speak in unison.

"That said," said Endi. "I would've really liked to be a streamer. Like on Earth. There's people who play games and share their gameplay with other people on the Internet. I think that's what I would have done. Though I don't know how I would have been able to do that with being a princess and what not."

Tae was the next to respond and lazily said, "I think that if I hadn't joined you guys, I wouldn't have been able to get stronger and fight better opponents. Though I am due for a challenge. I probably would have just gone around Kudamon, fighting people until I got so strong that I became the strongest fighter of Kudamon. Which means that I would have to fight the current strongest fighter in Kudamon, the Electro Governor that controls part of the Overlands, the Lightning Emperor. So pretty much nothing different."

"Do you think of anything other than getting strong?" Asked Sahara, not annoyed, but teasingly. She was even giving her a sly smile.

"Eh, well... you... sometimes...," said Tae uncharacteristically bashfully. She was even blushing, again.

"Aw... you care about me. Thanks," said Sahara teasingly while giving her head pats.

Tae didn't know why, but she felt very embarrassed from this. Even more than when she normally gets headpatted. Still can't bring herself to bite the Sahara. 

The rest of the Team had one singular thought, Yup, she knows. 

"How would you even fight him without being arrested and killed for 'treason'?" Asked Simul, to which Tae just shrugged.

"I personally would have just kept on roaming around and putting on shows. I joined because Hard-Boiled over here has potential to be great, but I still put on shows every now and then. The only downside is that the war makes it tougher to move from Power Zone to Power Zone," said Sahara while looking up into the sky, daydreaming about the next time she can make people smile with her shows.

"I don't think I could have live any other way. With being a Human and all, people are bound to find out. Though I would have loved to be a writer, maybe make stories," wrote Print.

"A writer?" Asked Endi. "I know you like reading, but I didn't think you would like books that much."

Print rubbed the back of his head and smiled bashfully, slightly embarrassed from being called out like that.

"Didn't you use to play... hockey was it? Why didn't you become a professional at it?" Asked Tae.

Print, while covering his embarrassed face with his notebook, wrote, "I don't think I would have become a pro. There were a lot of people who were way better than me and I really didn't want to dedicate myself to hockey. Also, my coach always told me that I did a lot of checking, or hitting people, while I was on the ice and that I tend to always annoy everyone by making fun of them while laughing like a maniac. It was one of my favorite strategies."

"Ah I see, it makes sense. Though I don't really see you as the type to make fun of people in the middle of a serious battle while laughing like a maniac, though you do smile like one," said Tae, slightly impressed and put off by the writing.