Chapter 17: Miles Apart

Peter and Tony slowly made their way through the narrow space in the spaceship. To say that they were in a real hallway would be an overstatement. They probably were in a maintenance hallway that was purposefully kept as small as possible. Neither Peter nor Tony had any idea where Strange was imprisoned or where the bridge in this spaceship was. Thankfully though, it seemed as if there were not a lot of other aliens on the ship, if at all.

After they spent what felt like hour searching for a sign that would point them in a direction with which they could work with, Peter finally had enough.

“This doesn’t make any sense. We have no idea where we should go. Let’s split up and stay in contact over the comms,” Peter suggested annoyed.

“Yeah, that’s probably for the best. Watch out for any danger though, we have no information on this place,” Tony agreed.

Peter nodded and at the next crossing in the hallway, they split up. Peter went right and Tony went left. After a few minutes of walking, the hallway got bigger, which gave Peter a new spark of hope that he might be on the right path. He was in constant communication with Tony over the comms, but the quality of the connection was not overly good, which made Peter worry about losing it completely. Should that happen he would be alone in an enormous spaceship with no way to contact his sole partner on this mission.

Suddenly, Peter was able to hear quiet voice from the end of the hallway. He did not know how Strange or the alien, who abducted him, sounded like, but it was still the best lead he had. He informed Tony of this and rushed forward, until he came to a large platform, which overlooked what Peter assumed to be the bridge of the spaceship. At the front of the room, the smaller alien from New York interrogated Strange.

“Tony, I found Strange and the thinner alien that kidnapped him,” Peter said quietly into the comms.

“Great kid. Where are you? I have no idea where I am,” Tony answered.

“I’m on a platform above the cockpit. Or at least I guess that that’s the cockpit. I have clear sight on both the alien and Strange. If you follow the hallway where we split up and just follow it straight on, you should get to my spot. I’ll wait for you before I take any action, unless the situation goes south,” Peter explained.

Peter had to wait for a few minutes until Tony came to the platform, together with a floating cloak. Peter raised his eyes at that sight and looked at Tony questioningly.

“It is Strange’s. Apparently it has quite the will of its own,” Tony explained, before he looked over the edge of the platform to check out what was going on below them. “So, what’s the situation? You got a game plan on how we get Strange out of there?” Tony asked Peter.

Peter indeed had a plan. After all, he didn’t spend all those minutes waiting for Tony doing nothing at all. “Well, we can’t overpower him. From what I have seen in New York, his magic is far too powerful for either of us to handle. So, I propose that we simply get him out of the picture without starting an open fight with him,” Peter said confidently.

Tony looked at him mildly impressed with his conclusion, before he answered, “And how do you plan on accomplishing that? We don’t exactly have limitless resources here.”

“Oh that’s simple. We are in space right?” Peter started, waiting for Tony’s confirmation. After a short nod from the billionaire, Peter continued, “The way I know you, you have a decent amount of explosives in that suit. You simply blow a hole in the wall, hope that it is the outside hull and watch as the vacuum of space gets rid of the alien for us. And then you seal it of like you did with that hole cut for us to get in.”

Tony stared at Peter in disbelief for a second. “So your grand plan is built on a guess whether or not that wall back there is the outside hull? How do you even make sure that Strange doesn’t follow the alien? In case you missed it, he is floating,” Tony asked Peter.