25

Caution: Readers should be aware that this chapter contains mature content and should proceed at your own risk.

+

Read the note at the end of the chapter

Sunoo hates various things such as washing dishes, receiving odd expressions upon sharing his love for his pet snake, people who dislike mint chocolate, pale moon, sorrowful tales, and particularly faking his smile

What he hates the most is lying to his mother.

Despite feeling ashamed of himself, he maintained a constant smile on his face to deceive his mother, who embraced him tightly.

" Surprise! We finished our work earlier than anticipated and now we're back! I bet you didn't see that coming, did you? "

Mr. Nishimura, the older one, gathered Ni-ki and Sunoo alongside his mother, inviting them all in for a group embrace he referred to as a "family hug."

" welcome back home "

He politely bowed to the older man before smiling at his mother who smiled back at him.

" I really want to spend quality time with my beloved children, but unfortunately, I am feeling exhausted from jet lag. Therefore, I have to prioritize my sleep tonight. Goodnight! "

The older lady waved her hand in a playful manner and then went into her room, with her fiancé following her for the same reason.

Once the elders left, a hush settled between the two, until the younger delicately grazed his knuckles against the older's arm, bringing him abruptly back to the reality. He glanced over and noticed the younger already gazing at him.

Sunoo took a deep breath and looked deeply into the younger's eyes. The gentle intensity of his gaze made the older feel oddly relaxed.

' it's bearable '

As he held the younger gaze, he felt the nauseating feeling he was experiencing slowly dissipating.

" let's go to my room hm? "

Ni-ki's voice was as gentle as a feather, so delicate that he felt his eyes well up with unshed tears. He averted his gaze and nodded in response.

_______

Sunoo realizes that Ni-ki is his safe place as he witnesses the younger one's beautiful smile, feels the comfort of his warm embrace, experiences the tenderness in his gaze, and appreciates how Ni-ki allows him to be clingy without irritation, just like right now;

In the tranquility of the younger's bedroom, he had his face buried in the latter's chest, hearing the steady thump of the latter's heart and feeling his own heart thumping in synchrony, matching the rhythm of the younger.