05

~ . ݁ . ݁ ݁ . ݁. ~

Jihye sat awkwardly just looking at the menu as the waitress chatted with Hyunjin. It was obvious that he was known around here, since everyone was comfortable in talking to him. He chatted with the waitress with a smile, almost like he forgot about Jihye's existence. The waitress finally took the menus and their orders and then walked away.

Hyunjin glanced at Jihye and saw her frowning at the waitress as she walked away. "Jelly aren't we?" He asked with a grin followed by a chuckle and Jihye rolled her eyes.

"Ew, no. I don't even like you." She said trying to distract herself with her phone. "Mhm." He hummed and then turned away from her.

Their food came and it was the same waitress again and Jihye rolled her eyes trying to focus on her food and away from their flirting together. Hyunjin kept glancing at Jihye as the waitress flirted with him and he just smiled and laughed engaging with her, he liked her reaction. Eventually, she had to leave and the male turned to his food and began eating.

Jihye finished eating her food, but she had to wait for Hyunjin because she was leaving with him. But being the Hyunjin he was, he was chatting with the waitress again to make Jihye wait longer and she knew he was doing it on purpose.

She sat silently just watching the waitress being flirty and touchy with him as he just smiled and laughed back with her. She was sliding her hand over his shoulder and hitting his chest in a flirtatious manner. It was as if they were on a date and she was the third wheel.

Jihye felt like she had enough and stood up. "I'll get going now." She said walking away from them and Hyunjin immediately stood up and placed cash on the table before running behind Jihye, leaving the waitress scoffing.

Hyunjin caught up with her and laughed at her reaction. "I knew you were jealous." He said and you can hear the smirk in his voice and Jihye rolled her eyes at his ego and got in the car. Hyunjin had a small smile on his plump lips as he got in the car behind her.

Jihye was quiet as she looked out the window, waiting to go home and sleep, but Hyunjin had other plans. The car was heading to Hyunjin's house. "Why are you taking me to your house? Just drop me home jerk." She said and Hyunjin smiled and shook his head.

"You have to do whatever I want right roach?" He said grinning and Jihye went quiet and groaned quietly. "That's what I thought." He said before looking down at his phone.

They arrived at Hyunjin's house and they walked inside. Hyunjin opened the door and his smile fell into a frown upon seeing his parents home. He was salty about the fact that he wasn't going to be alone with her anymore, he wouldn't be able to boss her around freely with his parents present. He rolled his eyes and just smiled at his mother who came smiling at Jihye and him together.

"Oh my dear Jihye! How are you doing sweetheart?" Mrs. Hwang said sweetly and Jihye shyly smiled. "I'm great miss Hwang, thank you for asking." She said smiling and Hyunjin just stood there.

"Your parents and I were planning on meeting up at a fancy restaurant tonight, you two are coming too!" Mrs. Hwang said smiling and Hyunjin turned to her with a confused look.

"What do you mean eomma?" He asked and his mother turned to him. "We're gonna discuss some important things at dinner with the Kims tonight. You'll see." She said smiling and slowly rushed Hyunjin upstairs to start getting ready.

"Oh then I should head home to get ready too." Jihye said smiling awkwardly and bowed before turning to walk out.

Her house was close to his, it was around 8 minutes away from him. She arrived shortly and got in and she expected to see her parents around. Her mother came and told her the same thing Mrs. Hwang had said. Jihye nodded and went to her room to get ready. Her mother said that the maids already prepared a formal dress for her, it wasn't that fancy or anything, it was simple yet so elegant.

Jihye took a full bath and finished after about
30 minutes and got out with her and dried her body from the water before putting on her bath robe. She and wore her dress and did her hair before applying some makeup.

She went downstairs and saw that her parents were ready. Her father held her shoulder and looked at her and she gulped feeling a bit nervous.

"You'll behave and be civil, got it?" He said and she nodded. Her father smiled and turned to his wife and they left the house arm in arm and Jihye followed quietly.

~

They arrived at the restaurant and the waiter took them to the VIP lounge they reserved a few days in advance. They sat down and after they finished adjusting their seats, the Hwangs arrived. Jihye gulped after realizing that she was staring a bit too much at Hyunjin, and how handsome he looked. She turned away and got up to greet his parents.

Hyunjin stared at her in return for a few minutes before turning away. They sat down opposite each other quietly as their parents were talking to each other. Hyunjin looked at her and chuckled, breaking the silence and she looked up at him.

"What's funny?" She said with a frown and he shrugged and just smiled. "You clean up nicely..." he said looking her up and down, and that made her flustered, she blushed and turned away from him as he giggled. "You still l-look like a j-jerk.." she mumbled shyly while fiddling with her fingers and Hyunjin chuckled.

"Yeah you're one to talk, I saw you looking at me with gaga eyes." He said with a smirk and Jihye rolled her eyes with red cheeks.

"It's great that they're long time friends, they knew each other since their childhood." Mrs. Hwang said smiling at the teens that were talking together. "Yeah, they go way back in the sandbox." Mr. Kim said and the parents smiled happily.

"They look so lovely together." Mrs. Hwang said smiling and cooing at the two of them and they looked at each other and then at their parents. They were both dumbfounded until Mr. Kim spoke,

"Then it's settled, they'll get married."

~ . ݁ . ݁ ݁ . ݁. ~

-A J H . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔