24

~ . ݁ . ݁ ݁ . ݁. ~

The rest of the period went by with everyone just working on their projects with their partners. Hyunjin was huffing, he was annoyed, annoyed for having to witness both his partners working together efficiently, while just sorta blocking him out, even though he was their partner too.

"Are you both just gonna keep working on your own? I'm still part of the project you know..." He said, not bothering to hide the annoyance in his voice.

"I don't trust that you have any knowledge in this, so better just let the experts deal with it." Minho said blankly, not even sparing him a glance, which infuriated Hyunjin more.

'How dare this bastard... The audacity.'
Hyunjin thought with a scowl.

"Are you implying that I'm 'dumb'? How dare you." He said, his gaze sharp and boring into Minho's back.

Minho ignored him and continued working on the project. Hyunjin glanced at Jihye and he saw her focused with Minho, it seemed like she wasn't bothered at all about the fact that he was being left out, which made the fire in him fuel even more. He wanted to yell at them, to punch Minho's smug face, but of course he couldn't.

He rolled his eyes and slumped back in his seat, while huffing and sulking in frustration and anger. He was too annoyed to do any work now so he threw the search aside and took out his phone, he didn't really care anymore.

"Hwang, get to work." Mr. Jang informed strictly, but Hyunjin ignored him and continued scrolling through his phone, and Mr. Jang raised a brow at him, he wasn't going to take any disrespect.

"Hwang, in case you haven't heard me, I said get to work." He said again, this time his tone was firmer and louder, but Hyunjin still ignored him and Mr. Jang clenched his jaw, he had enough.

"Fine, if you want it that way. Detention for two hours after school." He said, wanting to get a reaction out of him, but Hyunjin didn't bother, he just focused on his phone as if he was in his own world.

The students were amused by Hyunjin's audacity to behave like that with Mr. Jang. No one ever was brave enough to disrespect Mr. Jang before, and that interaction seemed to humble Mr. Jang. Knowing that not everyone might fear him, Hyunjin was the only one out of the whole class, that can actually talk back and argue with Mr. Jang.

Some girls were silently whispering to each other, finding Hyunjin attractive and hot in that moment. Minho rolled his eyes at Hyunjin and just continued working on the project with Jihye, while Hyunjin was still unbothered by everything, even the stares and glances some of the girls were giving him while giggling giddily.

Finally, the school day ended, and everyone packed their things to go home. Minho said goodbye to Jihye and then left, as Felix went up to Jihye to bid her goodbye as well before leaving. Jihye then turned to Hyunjin so they could both leave, but then remembered that he has two hours to stay in detention, which made her groan in frustration. She really has to wait two hours just because of Hyunjin's rude behavior.

She could walk home, or could try calling her driver to come pick her up. She got out her phone to dial the driver, but before she clicked on his contact number, she saw that her mother was calling her so she answered, confused and curious as to what could she want.