11

~ . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ✧ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁. ~

The date was still awkward to say the least, but they didn't seem like they would talk to each other anytime soon. Their food came and that at least would distract them from the tension in the air between them. The waitress bowed and left and they silently started eating without giving much attention to each other, until Hyunjin finally spoke,

"Listen, about what I said earlier, I guess I kinda take it back..." He said hesitantly, cringing at himself for saying it out loud and Jihye rolled her eyes.

"No need to take anything back, you said what you said so it's kinda too late to reverse it now." She said with her uninterested voice and Hyunjin scoffed.

"You know what, I don't regret what I said, it was the truth and you know it. I'm not ashamed of being honest about anything, even if it means it coming out harsh, you need to grow up and start taking criticism." He said cockily and this time she was the one that scoffed, he was so defensive about everything.

"Honestly, just stop talking. It was so better when it was quiet." She admitted and Hyunjin glared at her before going back to eating.

"Alright fine, I'll not talk." He said before it was silent once again.

They finished their food and admired the view for a little while before they finally got up to leave. Their parents already paid for everything so they were free to leave. The walk back to the car was quiet, but it was comfortable that way. They got in the limo and then it drove off. They stopped at her house first and she got out.

"See you tomorrow." Hyunjin said and she sighed,

"Yeah sure." She said before she closed the door and the car drove away shortly after.

She got in her house and as expected, her parents were waiting for her so she could tell them how everything went. She said that everything was great, she wasn't fully lying, but she wasn't fully honest either. Her parents were glad and they smiled and praised her before they went to get ready for bed and so did she.

She changed and did her night routine before she collapsed on her bed. She cursed herself, every single word Hyunjin had said still replying on repeat in her mind. As if she wanted to have a happy family together with him, but why did it still hurt?

~

Her driver dropped her at the school and she got out and then entered. Jihye went to her class to put her things on her desk. She then left the class and went to her friends' classroom to see if they were there, and they were there indeed. They saw her and instantly got up and they greeted each other.

"Poor Lixie caught the flu." She said and they nodded.

Felix had called the four of them in a group call this morning and told them that he woke up with a sore throat and high fever so he wouldn't be able to attend today.

"That's mostly unfortunate for you, you have to bear Mr. Jang the whole day today alone without Lix with you." Jisung snickered and she glared at him and nudged him.

The bell rang and she mentally cursed herself before bidding goodbye to her friends who slightly chuckled at her misfortune but she rolled her eyes and went to her class. She sat down on her seat and then saw Hyunjin coming in as well before Mr. Jang entered a few minutes later. He saw Felix's empty seat and Jihye told him he wouldn't attend today and he then went on with his lesson.

"Project, your seat buddy is your partner. No saying otherwise." He announced and the students groaned, since some of them were in assigned seats away from their friends, Jihye was lucky she got Felix next to her.

"Kim, you're with Hwang." Mr. Jang said Jihye and Hyunjin looked at each other with disapproval.

"But Felix is my seat buddy." She said calmly to not get in trouble for going against his decision, which she did. He scolded her,

"Didn't I just say no saying otherwise? I assigned you with Hwang and that's final. Lee isn't here today and I won't let you sit down without doing any work, you both don't have a buddy with you so you'll both be together. Understood!" He said loudly, after slamming his tall ruler on the board and everyone held their breath.

Both Jihye and Hyunjin groaned and she then went to him since he didn't want to move and she had to otherwise Mr. Jang would shout at them again. She placed her stuff on the empty desk next to him and Hyunjin rolled his eyes.

"Bruh, do you even know what to do? I'm not gonna fail with you." He said and she glared at him.

"Yah, it's as if you're gonna pass. Do it alone if you're so confident!" She said whisper shouting and he flicked her forehead before taking the book from her.

"Honestly, what would you do without me? You need me in everything." He said with a sly grin and she scoffed before hitting his shoulder.

They were then forced to work and do something since Mr. Jang's hawk like eyes are scanning every single student intently. Hyunjin had something to say about everything she said and she was getting impatient with him.

"If you're such a genius then you do the research. Im fucking tired of you always having second opinions about every damn thing I say!" Jihye didn't realize that her voice was loud until Mr. Jang slammed his ruler on the board again.

"Detention! For an hour and a half!" He yelled angrily and she sat down defeated.

Hyunjin snickered at her as she laid her head on the desk, she refused to do anything anymore. Hyunjin patted her head while mocking her quietly and she ignored him, somehow his touch was comforting.

'No! Snap out of that thought Jihye!'

The lesson ended and it was home time now, but Jihye grabbed the slip and her bag and instantly headed to the detention room, completely ignoring Hyunjin who called for her. She gave the teacher sitting there her slip before she quietly sat on a desk at the far end of the room. Just then, the door opened and she turned and was surprised to see Hyunjin dragged there by a teacher.

He winked at her but she silently gagged, as the teacher said something to the other teacher before shoving Hyunjin to go and sit down. He made his way to her and sat on the desk in front of her, but she rolled her eyes and turned away. She didn't know what he did to get here, but she certainly didn't care.

~ . ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁ ✧ ݁ . ⊹ ₊ ݁. ~

-A J H . 𓂃 ࣪˖ ִֶָ𐀔