81

The car ride was quiet and peaceful, I spent it looking out the window the entire time, the subtle hum of the stereo playing some radio music. I couldn't help but think why exactly had Endeavor called me over, was it something important that he couldn't let me know through Shouto?

Well, I was gonna find out why pretty soon anyway.

"And, we're here," the car slowly came to a stop, and I looked out the window as the chauffeur got off. We were parked in front of a tall building, lots of people coming in and out, "Endeavor-san is waiting for you on the top floor, young (L/n)." He opened the door for me and I mumbled a small 'thank you' as I got out of the car.

He closed the door behind me, and I took a step forward in the direction of the building. I looked up and I had a sensation of vertigo so I stopped doing that and simply took a deep breath, continuing to walk until I entered the building. The chauffeur walked in with me and after showing something to the receptionist, we were let in without an issue.

We walked together to the elevator and rode it all the way to the top floor, where it stopped and we stepped out. The doors opened directly on what looked like a restaurant of some kind, and I was slightly surprised.

The chauffeur took a few steps and stopped, as I was slightly behind him, I tilted my head to the side and saw we were standing in front of Endeavor and Hawks, "I've brought young (L/n) over as you requested, sir."

The number one hero looked at the man and then at me with a frown on his face and arms crossed, before letting a grunt and nodding once.

"You can leave now, Kurumada," the man made a short bow, and turned around heading to the elevator.

And I was left alone with the number one and number two heroes of Japan. Totally not intimidated, not one bit...

"I wasn't aware you had called a U.A. student over, Endeavor-san," Hawks spoke as he stood up, a smirk on his face and a friendly aura around him, "Come on, kid, sit down, no need to be so tense."

He made me sit down on the chair he had been sitting on and moved himself to sit on my right against the window, I could even feel the subtle grace of his wings on my clothes, and his stare on me.

"So... What did you want to talk about, Endeavor...san?" I asked, unsure of how I should properly address him. I could feel my hands get sweaty under his heavy gaze and I fiddled with my jacket, slightly shifting in my seat.

And apparently, my movement and fidgeting caused my license to slip out of my pocket, which I only noticed when a red feather showed up in front of me, "You dropped this."

I glanced at Hawks who was holding his chin up on his hand while looking at me, and I whispered a small thanks while taking my license off his feather.

"Is that your hero license?" Endeavor asked and I nodded, gripping it in my hands, "Let me see it." Without saying a word, I handed him my license and watched him as he inspected it. "Paralyze... Interesting name, kid."

He handed it back and this time I made sure to keep it inside my pocket with the zip up.

"Tell me about your quirk," I found myself caught off guard, but after taking a deep breath I fixed my scattered thoughts, "Well, I uh... I can stop muscle activity and transform it into energy, which allows me to enhance my body."

Looking at Endeavor, I noticed he was completely silent, staring at me with an unchangeable expression, but it was one that silently told me to continue talking.

"Uhm, sometimes using my quirk can stop other quirks, especially emitter-type quirks," I heard Hawks hum at that, making me turn to look at him.

"It's a strong quirk," his words made me doubt, releasing a sound and doing an expression that spoke 'well...'.

"You have special moves, don't you?" Endeavor's voice caught my attention again, and I nodded at his question, "What are they?"

Taking another deep breath, I tried to explain as concisely and briefly as I could, telling him all three moves that I had sort of mastered, before mentioning the last two I added to my repertoire. Both moves I used at the Shie Hassaikai.

I explained the shield and the beam, which I still had to name, both of those attacks were done in the heat of the moment and I had only been to recreate one, turning it into a whistle sound round than a scream like Present Mic does. After that, I proceeded to mention my limits and what they caused before adding my difficulty fighting big groups of people.

"However..." I stopped for a moment, as I was getting to the part I disliked the most about my quirk, "If there isn't a villain within the range of my quirk, I end up hindering my team as I can't use my quirk on myself, and not only does it delay their movement, but also causes them pain..." I trailed on rather quietly while looking down at my hand, and there was a small silence before I added one last thing, "I wish I could have ranged attacks and quick mobility without depending on others."

"Then, release it," I lifted my head to stare at Endeavor as he spoke, "Releasing that energy instead of storing it will give you what you want."

For a moment, I felt like I had a revelation, "Release... It?" I mumbled to myself, almost too lost in thought.

"Creating that shield and using that move with your voice, are two different ways you released the energy," Hawks chimed in as he apparently had been paying attention to the conversation going on, "That energy can be used to make ranged attacks and you will have more options to use your quirk."

I remained silent for a moment, wondering why I was here in the first place and why I received advice on how to use my quirk, there had to be a reason, and I wanted to know, "Why are you helping me, sir?" And Endeavor's expression changed to something I assumed was a smile.

It was hard to tell when he was frowning and there were flames all around him.

"Do you have anyone that could take you as an intern?" I blinked a few times at his question, and shook my head, feeling sad at the memory.

"No. Sir Nighteye had taken me as an inter and..." I trailed on, and with a quick glance at them I realized they understood what I was trying to say.

"I'm sorry about that," I tried to smile at Endeavor's words, he seemed to be trying to empathize with me, which I didn't mind. "But... If you're okay with this, I would like to have you as an intern, kid." Even though I had a feeling this was going to happen, I wasn't ready to hear it directly.

So I played with my fingers and nibbled the inside of my lip, "May I... Think I about it first?"