068. aren't as much

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter sixty-eight

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter sixty-eight

third person.

"i've been talking with jonah again," penelope somewhat blurred out as they sat in the cafeteria during the thursday lunch period.

"since when?" aurora instantly questioned. "last night?"

"the last two nights.." she admitted through a small mumble.

"oh penny," elias shook his head. "you never learn do you?" he partly joked.

"i kinda like talking with him.. and plus it's just to get him back and lead him on, it's not like it means anything.."

"what do you talk to him about?" layla asked.

"just.. whatever comes up," penelope shrugged. "school.. that he misses me.. all that.."

"and all this talking isn't making you have feelings for him again?" marco raised a brow.

"i never really lost feelings.. they just aren't as much as they were.." she explained. "and i'm aware that.. that nothing with him would ever be long term or serious. and plus i can't make ruby think i only told her everything so i could get back with him, because that wasn't my intentions."

"well then maybe you should go talk to her.." aurora replied. "even if jonah promises not to tell, you should know that you can't trust his word.. i mean he did openly and inappropriately talk about your first time which then got twisted and spread around the whole school.."

"ruby finding out that him and i have been talking won't be anywhere near as bad as that," penelope shrugged once again.

"hm.." layla hummed one confusion as she slightly tilted her head. "do you not remember all the shit she said about ollie when they broke up..?"

"that was all made up though?"

"yeah okay, so then what's stopping her from making up shit about you?" she replied in a sort of duh tone — unsure on how the younger was so clueless about it. "what jonah spread was bad but a girl, who really wants to, knows how to tear another girl now."

"okay," she inaudibly sighed.

"i don't know how she is obviously.." marco spoke up. "but i'm sure if she finds out not from you, she'd want to know your intentions."

"you would want to know if it was the other way around," elias chimed in.

"and you did say the other day you would," aurora added.

"okay, i will," she glanced around the group, getting the memo that they were all waiting for her to take action, which caused her to stand up.

"would you like us to come with?" she asked.

"if yous want."

penelope grabbed her backpack off the floor and put it on while her friends somewnay hesitantly glanced between each other before too standing up and doing the same. then heading out of the cafeteria and down to where ruby usually is.

"hey ruby.."

the girl looked over before turning around fully to look at her, furrowing; "you seem to be come around here a lot lately.."

"um i just wanna talk to you about an idea i had.."

"and what's the idea?"

"oh.. i was- i was meaning just us talking.."

"you can say whatever it is in front of my friends, i'll end up telling them away."

"it's about jonah.."

"okay? go on," she subtly scoffed.

"you know how um.. he was trying to get back with me.. um i had an idea to get back at him a bit and like.. mess with him and whatever but i just wanted to let you know incase you hear anything and think i told you everything with the intentions of stealing him or anything-"

"penny!" she interrupted her babbling. "i don't care what you do with him. marry him for all i care. but i'm warning you, when i broke up with him the other night he was also begging me to stay with him and saying he's gonna continue trying the double girlfriend dare but with me knowing and you getting played.."

"oh.." penelope replied so softly to the point it was unheard.

"i didn't agree to it, he doesn't deserve me, and he honestly doesn't deserve you either.. i'm just saying you need to be careful with him because he's probably gonna end up hurting you.. again.."

"okay.." she softly nodded.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
just wondering.. is it to far
into the book to incorporate
a new character 🤔