092. it's fun to have fun

G O O D   G I R L S,
chapter ninety-two

G O O D   G I R L S, chapter ninety-two

third person.

arriving home from work the following afternoon, cecelia walked into the kitchen to pack the groceries away and had noticed jude out in the backyard kicking a ball around with the littlest davis.

she knew penelope must've been in her room by herself, so she took the opportunity to talk to her now. grabbing the bag with a couple things in it and headed through the bottom floor of their house to her bedroom.

"penny," her mother softly spoke as she lightly knocked on the door and opened it, causing the girl to look over at her. "can we talk about something?"

"mhm," she quickly hummed as she sat up in her bed, cecelia taking a seat on the bed beside her.

"i'm just going to get straight to the point.. condoms," she said as she grabbed them out of the bag and handed the box to her daughter, watching her awkwardly look at them then back at her. "not that i want you to be having sex, especially not when anyone's home.. but if the situation ever arises, i want you to be safe."

"and if that boy tries to tell you that they 'don't fit' or that he 'doesn't need one', do not have sex with him- not that i need to be telling you this, you should be smart enough to know. the only reason he should be getting out of wearing one is if he's allergic to latex, in that case he can go to the store and buy his own. there's no excuse for a guy to not use protection."

"yes- okay, i know.."

"you promise me that you'll come talk to me if anything happens.. if.. i don't know, if a condom breaks, if you want to go on birth control, if your period's late and you think you're pregnant- if he forces you to have sex, you tell me, cause he'll never step foot in our house ever again, your father will make sure of it."

"mhm, okay.."

and after dinner, showering and getting unready for the night, penelope and jude were now in her bedroom with the door wide open as they've been instructed to do. laying in the bed facing one another as they talked and asked questioned about each other as music quietly played from her speaker across the room, both with the happiest expressions on their faces.

"what's your.. favourite taylor song?"  jude slightly raised a brow.

"umm.. that's a hard question.."

"favourite album then?"

"top four.. folklore, lover, 1989, and midnights."

"i didn't ask for your top four, i asked for your top one," he chuckled.

"i don't like picking favorites," she quietly giggled.

"there's gotta be one that's your favourite more?"