//015.🕷

MIRAGE THE KIM

"What was that for?"

The doctor didn't take Taehyung's accusatory glare seriously. Gaining Taehyung's trust was the most difficult endeavor he had encountered.

How could he ask someone who dislikes and distrusts his own father to believe in someone else? The doctor found Taehyung's conduct to be reasonable at times, but not always.

He informed Taehyung, as he removed his gloves, "Mr. Kim, the man is in deep sleep due to sleeping drugs in his body."

He wanted to know who had dared to drug Taehyung, but he kept his interest to himself. "The dose is more than necessary. So I gave him the drug to lower its potency. If he doesn't wake up before dark, you may need to admit him to the hospital to get the medicines out of his system. Else..."

His speech trailed off when the most feared portion arrived. Nonetheless, he kept his gaze fixed on Taehyung's face so that guy wouldn't believe he was lying by stealing his eyes. "He might fall into a vegetative state." Then he swallowed deeply. As predicted, he experienced goosebumps staring at Taehyung, went colder than an iceberg, and the room froze to the earth's pole.

Taehyung observed the man on his bed. His thoughts was a jumble whenever he looked at him or thought about him. He was confused as to why he had gone to such lengths to save him.

He wished he were an antique rather than a live, breathing guy. A fiery one, at that. 'What a problematic beast.' He thought.

"Then why don't you flush out the drugs?" He grilled the doctor, shooting daggers at him. It seemed as if the doctor may be lying, and he wanted to catch him off guard.

The doctor could recall Taehyung's reaction when his mother fainted at his father's house. Taehyung's acts appeared identical, unlike when he disregarded his father, who was sent to the hospital for a small heart attack.

While treating the guy, the doctor anticipated Taehyung's queries and responded calmly and confidently, "Mr. Kim, if we could cure a problem with a pill, we will not choose to operate on the body."

He noticed Taehyung fall silent. Probably thinking about what he didn't know or wanted to know. He waited a few seconds for a question.

The doctor instructed Taehyung to give him liquid meals when he awoke, despite his silence. He hesitated when he observed Taehyung had pursed his lips into a narrow line.

'How did I make him angry?' The doctor moved his gaze to the housekeeper, who stood back and kept a close eye on her master. The doctor recognized that Taehyung's actions had shocked and surprised even the housekeeper.

The doctor's eyes turned to the guy on the bed: 'Is he going to become Mr. Kim?' He began fantasizing.

Meanwhile, Taehyung recalled that the young guy had not eaten anything throughout the night. If he wakes up in the evening, he will have spent the previous twenty hours on an empty stomach. The liquid food seemed decent.

When he heard no more words, he looked over to the doctor and noticed him looking at the bothersome thing on his bed. "And?" Taehyung's deep, dark voice seemed threatening.

The doctor was so shocked that he nearly leaped, as if he had been apprehended while taking something. He took his notepad and pen from the nurse and wrote, "There is a bruise on his back. It will leave a mark if not addressed immediately."

He scrawled on the paper and handed it to the housekeeper: "Apply the cream twice daily." He unintentionally shook and noticed Taehyung staring at him. The doctor intended to run into the wall. He stammered while glancing at Taehyung: "I-It's a regular check. If there are any further bruises, Mr. Kim must tell me how to treat them." He sounded quite courteous.

It wasn't him who examined the man's arms, legs, and back. The nurse did it because he believed his patient had been subjected to any physical torment, given his untidy hair and redness on his skin.

The doctor's inquiry effectively diverted Taehyung's attention. Nonetheless, he made a mental point to phone the guy doctor next time. Without thinking about why he was uncomfortable having another guy gaze at his exposed flesh, he remembered whether he had any more bruises.

He had moved him from the bathtub to the bed the night before and even dressed him. He recognized the green bruise on his back. He had perfect skin... "He has light white scars on his stomach." He burst forth. It was the first time he'd seen such marks.

The housekeeper had already guessed what those markings were. She remained silent, not interjecting when it was not necessary.

The doctor turned to face the nurse. The latter addressed the doctor and quickly said, "Doctor Sang-Won, there are dull stretch marks around the lower abdomen." They were hardly discernible.

The doctor nodded and turned to Taehyung. "Those marks could be due to weight loss or pregnancy." He mentally dismissed the idea of the guy having a kid because Taehyung had no children.

He grabbed the paper from the housekeeper and wrote down another cream, adding, "If those are too old, it may not heal entirely and will take a long time. "Use it every night before bed."

Taehyung recalled being a single father, while Yeong-Su addressed him as Young daddy. So he realized that a large belly during pregnancy causes white scars. He was relieved to learn that the nurse was the one who checked on the man. He passed the doctor today.

He turned to face the housekeeper. He was not chilly, yet there were no feelings. "Aunt Na-Rae, the guests will be staying till..." He attempted to remember the man's name but couldn't. He didn't even know his name; "He wakes up." He didn't bother questioning the doctor and just gave his orders.

'Why? To behead me if he doesn't wake up?' Doctor Sang-Wan sneered in his thoughts. He did not respond since it would be ineffective. Staying with consent would be preferable to being forced.

He faked a grin at the cold, uncaring man, "Please contact me if there is a problem. "We will enjoy our stay." At the very least, he will be able to enjoy wonderful meals.

Who wouldn't want to enjoy free and excellent hospitality in a castle-like mansion?

The doctor and nurse stepped outside and exhaled. The nurse, glancing around the exquisite estate, inquired, "Doctor Sang-Wan, could we take a mansion tour?" She hoped to inquire because the sleeping man was not likely to wake up very soon.

Le Sang-Wan gave the nurse a hard grin and said, "If you want your head cut off, go for it." They got access to a guest area and a lovely backyard.

The nurse shuddered, recalling Taehyung's furious glare, but twisted around to steal a glimpse at him. He was tall and looked great in his leather jacket. His angular, sculpted face and sharp features gave her butterflies in the stomach. He was a charming man whose killer grin could weaken the knees of men and women alike, but she just saw his thin lips squeezed the entire time.

She felt his chin twitch and offered a small motion to the housekeeper. She kept admiring him and didn't realize the doctor was leaving. The nurse gasped when Taehyung caught her gaze from a distance, like an eagle feeding on the snake. She became agitated and glanced around for the doctor. She went after him to save her life, realizing that beauty is appreciated from a distance but avoided when close.

_____

Happy Reading