//038.🕷️

RIFT

Exiting the hallway, Jungkook turned to the dining hall with Taehyung when his eyes fell on Yeong-su, who was digging in to fill his stomach. Jungkook's footsteps gradually slowed down, identifying Yeong-su. He had met him a few times, and he had been to his place to pick up and drop off his father.

'Yang In Ho, Yeong-su, and Kim Taehyung... What's their connection?'

Yeong-su was already looking at them, surprised by hearing his brother speak so livelyly with Jeon Jungkook. He lifted his hand without dropping his fork and waved at him. "Hey, Mr. Jeon."

Taehyung noticed the slow changes in Jungkook when he didn't catch up with his steps. Turning around, he witnessed him turn cold and a little confused. For some reason, he felt like he was getting angry.

His mind was running wild, but he wasn't ready to consider his deduction by assuming. He shifted his gaze to Taehyung while his heart raced with unknown emotions. He wanted to believe that he was at his place to keep the information safe from Wang Jackson; after all, Kims and Wangs were business rivals.

So Taehyung shouldn't have stolen the hard disk, right?

"Are you guys friends?" He questioned it very carefully, as if he weren't ready to hear any response to it. His gaze was wary, and he appeared like he was going to run from there, hate them to his gut.

Taehyung sensed something amiss with his reaction. He wasn't curious to know about their relationship; rather, he was trying to understand something. Taehyung looked at him but didn't answer. He knew this was going in the wrong direction.

Yeong-su responded promptly, assuming Taehyung must have told him everything by now. "We are brothers... I mean cousins."

Cousins!? Confusion flickered in his eyes. How could they be cousins? Kims had no connection with Yangs. Probably distant cousins.

Jungkook shook his head in his mind to focus on the right part instead of worrying about the rich families' mess.

If Taehyung really went to his place to keep the information safe, how did Taehyung get to know the location of the hard disk?

Why did Yang In-Ho leak the location of the hard disk to Taehyung?

If In-Ho leaked about the location, isn't he the mole?

Did In-Ho send Taehyung to my place to keep the information safe?

'They could have told me directly without playing dirty.' He thought, assuming Taehyung acted drunk and drugged. Since he threw him out of the villa, Wang's men destroyed his place and took the hard disk away.

He felt her body faintly relax until that deduction. All the while, he was blankly gazing at Taehyung, and the latter waited patiently. Yeong-su watched them while eating in silence.

"You didn't steal the hard disk, did you?" Jungkook softly asked as if it were a fact, and he just wanted to confirm. As far as he knew, In-Ho treated him like a son, and he was the one who always maintained distance. He didn't find any reason for In-Ho or Taehyung to put him in danger.

However, a little relief left his heart when Taehyung's expression changed. His gaze went on Yeong-su, who looked confused and a bit shocked too. Yeong-su asked, "Bro, didn't you tell him yet?"

In-Ho had reached the mansion to tell him everything and probably apologize for not mentioning it to him beforehand. Since he couldn't meet him, he wanted them to tell him. Taehyung decided to keep him safe personally; hence, they thought he would live in the mansion until In-Ho could find the mole and clear the air.