//028.🕷

JACK FROST

The butler stood more shocked than ever, looking at the daring young man when he witnessed his kneeing Taehyung. Whereas the maids who ran out hearing the breaking sound were fearing Taehyung and pitying the man. They were quite sure Taehyung was going to teach a good lesson to the young man.

One dared to make a sound, "Ssss..." The young man hissed as if he were the one who had gotten kneed and was bearing the pain.

Jungkook saw Taehyung's face twist in pain. If not, he knew this would work. He pushed his hand away and rolled away.

Taehyung placed his knees and a hand on the floor. He curled his fingers into a tight fist until his knuckles turned white as the marble floor. Closing his eyes, he gritted his teeth, enduring the discomfort. He just teased him and expected him to get flustered and listen to him. At least he got to know he shouldn't leave his legs free.

Jungkook pulled his delicate white robe back onto his shoulder. His gaze fell on the two men. The butler seemed to be in shock and clueless about what to do and the maids ran inside when his gaze brushed over them. The young man nervously smiled at him.

He was tall with a lean body. He was sporting a new limited edition of expensive brands. He was wearing jeans and a plain white pullover under a fashionable blazer. His dark brown, straggly hair was swept aside and pushed behind in the front, showing off his forehead. His eyes were small and sharp, and his cheekbones were sharper than the jawline. He was handsome in his way.

Jungkook identified him. Kim Seok-Jin is Taehyung's best friend. The Kim family was another wealthy, well-known family in the country. He had heard a little about Jin. When Taehyung joined the Network and information security course to study, Jin begged Taehyung to change to business studies because he didn't want to study complex, ununderstandable computer codes.

Unwilling to go to a different university, Jin followed Taehyung. Although he always ranted about his dislike for computer languages as an alien language, he was good at logical skills and complex theories and algorithms.

Jin and Taehyung were supposed to open a company in the software and technology field. Taehyung had asked Jungkook to join his network security team. Fate sent him far away so he wasn't sure what the two best friends were up to. He never bothered to check on them either.

In the past, Jungkook had met Jin a few times but they hardly spoke as he used to drown in his laptop, forgetting the whole world. Although he knew Taehyung and spent a lot of time with him, he was never a part of his life. His friends, his hangout places, his lifestyle-everything was unknown and unreachable for him. He never bothered to ask him to join them either.

(Present)

Jungkook's hand almost reached his face but managed to move it back and tie his hair. He didn't expect the weight loss to make his appearance unrecognizable.

'Cling'

His attention shifted to the sound. He noticed the butler picking up the broken pieces with his bare hands. He quickly made his way to him and suggested, with a hint of concern, "I guess it's not safe to pick with your bare hands. You will be hurt."

Taehyung suddenly turned behind, hearing his soft voice sounding sweeter than honey, cooler than a breeze, and lighter than a feather. He couldn't believe he saved him from dying by Wang's hands; he didn't bother to put him in pain again and again while he was trying to save him from getting hurt, yet he was worried about his butler.

Jin followed his friend's line of glares as he went closer to Taehyung. Sitting on his one knee, he asked in a low voice, "Why haven't you flipped the house upside down?" Enduring the pain, yet doing nothing to the culprit. Jin still found it hard to believe.