//030.🕷️

ESCAPED FROM HIS MEMORIES

'I would destroy the entire city if doing so meant keeping you safe.'

Jungkook: "..."

Probably watching too many cartoons or reading comics with his son, he felt a crow cawing over his head after listening to Taehyung.

He could just say he meant no harm to him. 'What's with his words? Does he think of himself as the ruler of the city, living in his mansion? Tsk.' he mocked him in his mind, looking at his serious face.

He internally let out a sigh. It wasn't the first time he was speaking with unreasonable, tactless Kim Taehyung. He had his way of dealing with people without uttering his true intention. So he shrugged in his mind and decided to ignore him.

Now he aimed to have some food and gain some energy. Then find some warm clothes and flee. he didn't believe he was going to let him go that easily, despite hearing him say, 'Later.'

'Should I steal a car?' His eyes looked for a car. A car was at the side and there was a huge car garage behind it. Stealing from the garage would alert people so a car outside the garage was the best choice. 'Keys?'

Taehyung watched him fall silent and stop struggling. He didn't believe his obedient act. Taking his temper from the previous day and today, he was sure he had a lot going on in his head.

Instead of getting annoyed, he was intrigued by his antics. 'Let's see what he has up his sleeves.' He looked forward to it.

Taehyung went near the mansion door when Jungkook noticed many eyes on them. Turning to the entrance, he saw Jin's jaw drop enough for a fly to enter his mouth. The butler looked worried, and the middle-aged lady seemed annoyed because the lady's gaze on Jungkook was a little off.

Another man in a suit caught his attention; he probably saw him somewhere. When he glanced at the young lady in nurse uniform swooning over Taehyung, he guessed the man as a doctor. He seemed anxious, too.

The doctor spoke, hurrying them inside, "Mr. Kim, why did you let him leave? The man woke up earlier than expected. The effects of drugs are still in his body."

Jungkook discerned he wasn't actually physically weak but sleepy. The sleepy body tends to feel colder than in normal body conditions. 'No doubt, I was feeling off.' he thought.

Taehyung shifted his gaze on him with a face, blaming him for not taking care of himself. Jungkook felt a chill run down his spine when he met his gaze. He almost apologized but realized it was his body, not his.

'Argh.'

"I will walk." His voice was barely audible due to embarrassment under so many eyes.

Taehyung mercilessly mocked, "Then roll to the ground."

Jungkook craved to choke him and say, 'I am not weak' but controlled. His body was indeed weak.

Before he could counter, his attention shifted to a different matter. He was expecting some good food to nourish his body but Taehyung turned to the stairs and started climbing.

'Where is he taking me? I am hungry.' He glanced at him, wondering if it might sound shameless to ask for food after running away from there.

Taehyung glanced at his sulking face while chewing his lower lip and watching the hallway. A rare curve of amusement bloomed on his handsome face. He never had a pet but reminded him of a kitten too much. He stopped smiling when he realized it and instructed.

"Aunty Na-Rae, get his lunch to room." Then he saw his brown orbs sparkle. Almost another smile seized his face; he managed to morph into indifference when his eyes shifted to his face.

'Na-Rae,' Jungkook uttered in mind, guessing Na-Rae was the housekeeper.

Na-Rae went towards the kitchen after responding to Taehyung. The other four-Jin, butler, doctor, and nurse-followed Taehyung like loyal servants of the royal palace.

Jungkook's father was a simple civil servant and his mother owned her small business as a knitter. As a middle-class family boy, these were a little too much and uncomfortable for him. However, he didn't show it on his face and stayed quiet, hoping to get off his arms quicker.

Taehyung, who went towards the rooms, paused. He returned to the second living room on the first floor and was seated on the luxurious couch.

With four men watching him, Jungkook stole everyone's eyes, looking here and there. Taehyung waited for a few seconds and sneered, "Doctor, do you need a special invite?"

Jungkook: "..."

He was fine; he was waiting for food.

Doc was speechless, too. How could he know Taehyung stopped there so that he could check on the man?

Jin, who got to know Taehyung brought the man home in the morning, was eager to ask hundreds of questions to Taehyung. Jin had no idea about the hard disk or anything. He tapped Taehyung's shoulder and pointed aside, signaling for him to go with him for a conversation.

Taehyung watched the nurse take out the thermometer and blood pressure monitor. Annoyed at the disturbance of his friend, he turned to his friend, who had a pleading gaze, asking him to go aside for a chat.

"Study." His monotonous order passed. He had some work for Jin to handle to get the young daddy out of the mess.

Jin's curiosity died looking at Taehyung's stern face. He nodded and went towards the study, thinking about who crossed Taehyung this time.

Taehyung turned back to the three. It was just a quick check so it was completed quickly. Doc reported to Taehyung while the nurse packed, "Mr. Kim, give some light food to the man and let him rest. A nap would be better for him to feel refreshed. And there is nothing to be worried about."

Jungkook: "..."

Taehyung saved him from Wang Jackson and he was thankful for it. He wasn't obliged to take care of him; he couldn't understand what he was up to with all his actions. Never mind; he ignored him when he noticed the housekeeper holding a tray of food. All he had in mind was eating and escaping.

Taehyung glanced at him and followed his line of sight. He was behaving like a kid; he couldn't guess how he takes care of a child. He responded to the doctor with a nod and looked at the butler. The latter understood the silent instruction and took the nurse and doctor downstairs.

Before the lunch tray could reach Jungkook's hands, he gasped when he scooped him up in his arms, "Kim Taehyung." he hissed in annoyance, "Put me down." he demanded.

He never let any man come close to him; Taehyung crossed him again and again. That just triggers him to shove him away in defense. However, he tried to get off his arms; he wasn't budging.

Taehyung paused. His indifference turned cold, and his gaze turned intense when he faced him. He rewound every action around him in his mind. None took his name; even Jin called his name when he wasn't there. "How do you know my name?"

Jungkook froze in his arms, hearing his sharp voice pierce a hole through her ears. Nevertheless, he perceived, 'Taehyung didn't identify me. He doesn't know me. So... He doesn't know about Tan,' One couldn't describe how elated he was to know that. His main worry vanished so he had no more fear of facing Wang Jackson and getting relieved of the job.

'After solving the mess, I can go back and live my happy life with my baby. This is great.'

However, his happiness wasn't meant to last long.

_____

Happy Reading