//021.🕷

WISHING TOO MUCH

Five years ago

Jeon Jungkook was the best student at Seoul National University's Information Technology and Network Department in the country. It was uncommon for a child to take up that course in the nation but he was a precious talent in one specific sector.

Hacking.

He was unaware of his skill. Kim Taehyung discovered and developed his potential, making him the greatest he could be. He enrolled him in order to obtain all of the necessary requirements for an ethical hacker, and he passed them all.

When he was pregnant, all he knew was that he needed to avoid burdening his parents while also providing the greatest possible life for his baby. While healing himself and preparing for his final years, he discovered a way to make money using his skill.

He received multiple international honors for hacking difficult systems and earned large money. However, he was unaware that it was a government-sponsored talent hunt portal.

He got pregnant in his final year of school and wasn't seeking for work. Nonetheless, he was selected to work for the government administrative agency owing to his exceptional skill.

Jeon Jungkook, Information Security Officer, is an ethical hacker who seeks to uncover flaws and flaws in the administrative database that contains essential data for the country, military, and residents, as well as the systems used by other officers, government websites, apps, and networks.

His job was basic, 9-to-5 employment like any other white-collar employee; there was no risk to his or anybody else's life. Upon all that, there were many other resources provided by the government for him.

It was the ideal, most secure employment. He had taken paid maternity leave prior to starting the job. Jungkook had no reason to say no. He only wanted to give his baby a good life.

For two years, his career went smoothly, and he was allowed to bring his child to work if necessary. Until one day, he was summoned before his superior commanders and proposed becoming a spy. A spy to discover who was leaking sensitive information from the secretariat department or those who work for the President.

Jungkook was chosen as the best candidate from over a hundred officers. He was a young man, appeared naive, devoted to his task, and didn't dilly dally or waste time with anybody. He listens more and talks less.

That wasn't the real man. He was focused on his task since he shouldn't be distracted when hacking. He never spent time with anyone or dallied since he had his son and his life waiting for him when he returned home. He listened more and said less to all of those individuals since many pitied him for being a single father, others seemed to be concerned, and some were interested in his life and body, presuming he was anxious to find love.

Jungkook rejected down the top officers right away. He didn't want to go on an adventure with Tan or deal with another set of brains constantly condemning him for everything he did.

However, his boss and another higher-ranking officer advised him to think things over before making a decision. Unfortunately for him, there was a disturbance in the city at the time to escape the president's conference. Those cops guilt-tripped him by displaying the deaths of individuals, including children. Jungkook turned out to be innocent and accepted the deal on the condition that he may return to work at any moment.

During the two years, he discovered two moles. A security official, the former president's personal secretary, and the president himself who amassed unlawful money. They were all handled in private, without her name appearing.

Just when he felt she might return to his work, they received a lead to the mole in the secretariat department. He wasn't able to track that person and ended up in a dire state of a different situation.

Present: Over the call

The voice softened on the other end of the line but he tried to guilt-trip him, [Mr. Jeon, how can you back out at this important time?]

It didn't work for Jungkook. He said quickly and firmly, "I have never signed myself up for a risky job."

He further said, "I am not sad to declare that nation comes first for you, not for me. "If not here, I could live anywhere in the world." He valued his country, but it doesn't mean he had to be patriotic and give up his and his family's livelihood. Tan, in particular, would never take such a gamble.

The instant Yang handed him the hard disk to keep it secure, he realized he was in serious danger. The previous two and a half years had gone so well that he had no reservations about continuing with the new work that was unrelated to his specialty. Today, he regretted consenting to the organization's choice.

Hearing Jungkook adamant and aggressive, the top officer realized he was concerned for his and his son's well-being. And he was fully aware that no one could persuade his son to change his decision. He couldn't afford to lose a talented cop either. So he made a compromise.

"Alright, Mr. Jeon. I'll respect your decision. I'll talk with the Chief Justice. The man's voice softened as he realized that fooling him would no longer work. And keep you updated.

He was indirectly serving the Chief Justice, whose words and decisions rank higher than the President of South Korea. Jungkook sighed at the response. He didn't want to be in this circumstance.

His voice also calmed: "Thank you, Chief Jason. "I'll wait for your call." Then he ended the call. He took deep breaths and glanced up at the gloomy, starless sky, which may lull him into sleep. But he couldn't sleep today since danger lurked just around the corner.

Taehyung's look triggered memories in his head. He'd hoped for a simpler existence. When he was at university, he felt he could be lazy for a few years and spend a lot of time with J-Hope, but not with J-Hope's other friends. He had planned to join a company that hires ethical hackers. He never had plans to confess to Taehyung either.

But here he was, utterly screwed up in intricacy. His employment endangered his life and family, and Taehyung reappeared as a threat to both him and his kid.

He could only hope Taehyung does not return to his life, and that he passes the night and gets rid of this work. He wanted simple, comfortable days with his son.

Was he wishing too much?

_____

Happy Reading