The Red Carpet

⋆⭒˚.⋆

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, looking down at my silver heels on the floor of the limousine. The gentle hum of the engine matched my beating heart, the sound serving as a backdrop to my racing thoughts. I watched the diamonds on my shoes shifting in the dim light, the scent of the polished leather interior mingled with the subtle fragrance of my favorite vanilla-pear perfume. The familiar scent helped me to somewhat calm down.

My assistant, Hazel, delicately worked on the final touches of my hair, her skilled fingers weaving through the old-fashioned waves she had meticulously styled. Even though I had been to countless events, these pre-performance jitters still fluttered in my stomach. This wasn't a stage performance, not in the traditional sense, but the expectations and eyes waiting for me demanded that I put on my best face.

As Hazel secured the last pearl pin, finally satisfied with the state of my hair, I opened my eyes, looking out the window at the venue entrance. Hundreds, possibly thousands, of screaming fans crowded either side of the red carpet outside, frantically searching for the next celebrity to enter.

A low rumble from the announcer marked the beginning of my entrance, his voice resonating above the crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome...Y/N!"

My driver opened the door for me, and I stepped out, balancing on my silvery heels. The cheers and screams from the crowd crescendoed as I did, everyone screaming my name, begging for my attention. I smiled and waved, acknowledging everyone I could see, occasionally blowing kisses at the most excited of the bunch.

The red carpet was buzzing with the air of anticipation and energy. Flashing lights and the constant shouts and adoration from paparazzi and fans filled my senses as I navigated through the crowd. As a seasoned popstar, I was used to this. The glamor, the attention - and especially the pressure.

Tonight's event marked yet another milestone in my career: the Lifer Award, celebrating a lifetime of achievements. After years of hard work and countless hits, I was finally getting the most prestigious award Mount Rageous had to offer.

I mean, I don't know for sure if I'm getting the award. But, I mean, come on? How could I not? I'm the most famous popstar in Mount Rageous.

I trailed down the red carpet, signing autographs and taking pictures as I went. I did my best to make a connection with all of my fans, at least everyone I could reach. I did this almost everywhere I went, mostly because it's the least I can do. My fans are the reason I have what I have. Plus, the personal experiences keeps them happy and coming back for more.

As I signed an overzealous fan's vinyl cover, I heard gasps and whispers coming from the entrance. I swiveled my head to see where the attention was going, only to feel my jaw slightly drop.

Them.

Velvet and Veneer entered the venue, their latest single playing loudly in the background. They were in matching fabrics, the shimmery gold silk draped across their bodies in a fantasy-like manor. The theme for tonight was simply "wealth", so it made sense that they were dressed in their signature gold.

Velvet, with her stunning green hair falling down her shoulders like a cascade of emeralds, was a captivating sight. The golden fabric she was wearing seamlessly complemented the rich green, creating a visual masterpiece. Veneer, standing tall beside her, sported a similarly extravagant ensemble. His own green hair was styled in his signature mullet.

Together, they waltzed onto the carpet, striking choreographed poses before greeting their fans.

My fans.