✦ | CHAPTER 22 | ✦

Vennela's POV

It felt normal after all what was done, he made some dishes and I washed them too. As normal, he called Athiyya, because she called us today morning and we didn't get time to talk to her.

"Hello, mummy....." He started to talk, he went to balcony, was in full angry mood. I don't know what was wrong and all, he was shouting profusely, and then he comes back sliding.

"Karthik, what's the problem?" I asked him

"I am the problem over everything, I wish I had picked the phone morning only" his sobs, he again went to room and then started to open his bag and put all his clothes like they weren't even folded, but he was stuffing.

"Karthik, what's wrong....please tell me" I asked him

"Just please keep your mouth shut for fucking 5 minutes" He said and I went out of his room.

Shall I call athiyaa or not....this question was running in my mind for lot of times, and I didn't call. I slept off.
It was sunny Monday afterall getting the rays directly in my eyes, I saw the time and it was 6:20, so early. I didn't waste time, got freshened up and went to make some breads and already veggies were stored in fridge, mixed mayonese and ate them.

I knocked his room, no response, I called him.

"Hello, Karthik" He lifted the mobile, and he was sad a lot like as if he cried but he never does so

"Yeah" He said

"What happened, why are you sad? What's wrong?" I asked in low voice

"Daddy......ahhhh(long breath) he got an accident when he was returning from his office....." He said in a breaking voice

"My god! I am really sorry, how is mavayya? And how is Athiyya?" I asked him.

"Mummy is just silent, from Daddy's side Babai and pinni cameby, they made all procedures, filing the case and all things, I am there here at hospital still" He said, I don't know whether I should ask him that shall I come or not, or he can manage.

"Karthik, do you want me to come or are you managing the things over there all by yourself?" I asked him

"No, not needed, things will be as they are if you come or not, nothing won't change.... I kept another key on T.V table" He said, I was hurt, very much..... I didn't knew what got him that he said those harsh words, that things would be like as they are always

"Okay then Bye" I cut the call and got down.

There is always me a problem, whenever we fight, why the hell should he talk to me like as if I had done that accident to mavayya garu, but that's so childish of him that he always puts the blame towards me, what did I do? Even at night he shouted at me so loudly, he doesn't even cares that i called him early morning about his whereabouts and he is behaving as a little child who was being denied by giving a fucking ice cream. Rama rama.

I was working but bothered by number of reasons, won't tell to myself that how hard it is inside but kept them silent. His silence made me do a thing, to call Athiyaa.

"Hello Athiyaaa" I said

"Cheppamma"( tell dear) she said

"Mavayya ki ela undi" (how is father-in-law?) I asked

"Parvaledu, out of danger ani annaru....and few days of complete bed rest" ( it's fine, they said its out of danger....just a few days of bed rest is needed) she said

"Nenu raana" (shall I come?) I asked her

"Ranannavanta, neeku edo important meeting undi ani annavanta" (you said you won't come, you said there was some important meeting it seems)
She said

"Athiyyaa nenu, wait Karthik eh ala annaru kada"( Mother-in-law me, wait did karthik said to you this) I asked her

"Avunu" (yes) she said

"Athiyya naaku etuvanti meetings levu, and nenu vasthanu Hyderabad ki evala" (I dont have any sort of meetings and I am coming by evening to Hyderabad) I said

"Sare amma" (okay dear) she said

I just have a lot of frustration towards Karthik. What did I do to him that he made these sort of statements against me. It wasnt good of him at all.

I called Samar sir right away
He wasn't picking up. I thought better I write a mail.

"Divyesh, just get these final touches done by evening and post it to Samar sir.....Bhavya, you must make the presentations for the club house and walking area by tomorrow, guys buck it up ........" I said to my team.

"Mam What happened?" Divyesh asked me.

"My father-in-law got an accident, Karthik is there at Hyderabad but it feels that there are some things to get sorted or else it would create conflicts" I said

"Mam shall I book a flight ticket to you" He asked me

"If possible please, I am just mailing many things" I said and rushed inside my room.

After 30 mins, Divyesh entered my cabin and said the tickets were booked. I started from there and took 2 hours to cross the traffic. I was going there crying and just with hand cash of 1000 rupees and all my cards with me. I have  one more hour left.

" Neeku inthaina buddhi unda" Amma called me and started to scold me (are you out of your mind?)

"Amma nenem chesa?( mom what did I do?) I said

"You said you won't come here because you have an important meeting as of now, I am really dissappointed in you Vennela" she shouted out of her lungs

"Vennela, at least we thaught you how to give respect and gratitude towards your in-laws, em chesthunnav nuvvu......Maa paruvu teesav kada" (what you did, you removed our prestige) my dad on the other side.

"Nanna Amma, I am at airport in another 2 hours I will be at home" I said

"You should not rather go to the hospital and check your father-in-law" said Nanna

"Okay nanna" I said clearing my tears

I called Karthik. What did he tell like this? What did he even tell to Athiyya, why are my parents so against me......will this happen to every girl who is sent to their in-laws house. How come I cope up with these miscommunication, why he had to do all like this ?

He damn declines my call.

I got down from the plane and time Was already 7:39 pm. Very much tired. Ani picked up

"Amma and Nanna are very much dissappointed on you vennela" He said after 20 mins of the ride. We live in one side and Karthik live on the other side of the city.

"Ani I didn't do anything wrong" I said

"You are stepping wrong on every move " He said

"What do you mean by it Ani, he didn't talk to me, he didn't say anything to me, he shouted on me instead, he was everything behind all these things what my Attha has made up the allegations on me, what ...." I turned my head.

"Now don't try to explain the things, it's how the things happened, I was shocked when someone from Karthik's family called to Amma and said these things, we immediately rushed to hospital and tried to pacify her, but her anger was valid ...... Karthik has bigger role over there, when he has a problem, you should come together and and stay .......you still didn't change your egotistical mindset Vennela" He didn't said these things but shouted.

"We thought you would change for good Vennela but being like this forever will create heavy number of problems" said Shobha from behind ....actually she was also with us.

We reached hospital .... Star Hospials Banjara hills branch.