✦ | CHAPTER 42 | ✦

Karthik's POV 

After 3 months 

"No just leave it. Yeah, I will check on those matters, no no. That's probably - I was stopped in the middle of my conversation with Santhosh.

"Kanna Please, Balcony ki velli matladochhu kadha," she said. I slowly came from the bed and started to talk to Santhosh about some work-related issues. (You can talk in the Balcony, right?)

I came from the bedroom and started to prepare my breakfast and prepare a little for her also. She has not been keeping pace with herself properly. I tried to convince her to take her to the hospital but she refused. I went to her with a tray of coffee and croissant. "Baby," I tried to wake her up. I held her shoulders when she slightly opened her eyes. "Baby, it's enough now. Let's go to the hospital" I said. 

She held my T-shirt and was sobbing continuously, "Karthik, I have not been having my periods for the past month, my stomach aches too much, my back aches, I am having nausea and I lost my taste too" I couldn't process all. Being at home. Being her husband I couldn't even check on my wife. Just shame on me! 

I tried to make her up and convince her that everything would be alright. I tried to stop her from pursuing her part-time interest because of my promotion. What has gotten on me seriously? "Karthik" she shouted and she pushed me aside and was about to rush into the washroom but she puked in the midway. 

I rushed to her and took her inside the washroom and held her head. She was sobbing continuously. I don't blame anyone other than me. The past few weeks I've been held up with a lot of work and many meetings with new clients and she did not raise a question to me about my late-night return to home. 

She was about to get up and she was slipping, "easy easy. Come I will change your clothes, we are going to the hospital and that's final" I said.  "Kana" she was again wailing on the bed. "Baby, just sit. Okay. You're gonna be fine. Just nannu nammu bangaram okay na?" (Just trust me, my dear) I talked to the hospital to make the appointment and we started from our flat. 

We went to the hospital and we were waiting for the nurse to call our number. I was stomping my feet due to nervousness, while Vennela was there beside me and held my hands. "Em kadhu le, everything will be alright okay" I said. (Don't worry) 

"Mr Karthik and Mrs Vennela" she announced. And we were so fast and quick, But then I stopped her moving too quickly. "Let's go slowly," I said. 

The room was cold and sterile, a harsh contrast to the emotional storm brewing inside me. Vennela sat beside me, her hand trembling in mine. I could feel her fea and her anxiety, and it mirrored my own.

Dr. Pratyasha Rao. She was dynamic and energetic personality and her face was full of a big smile. She greeted us, "Hi, nice to meet you both. So you must be Vennela Right?" she asked her. Vennela nodded with a smile. "So what are your issues? Can you explain to me briefly" she asked Vennela. She gave her every detail she had been facing for one month. "Karthik I need to run some tests on her, can you please wait outside" she asked me. "Sure doctor" I said and went outside. 

I called my mother and said about all these things. She scolded me initially a lot. "Now coming to the positive part after my scolding. I think Vennela is pregnant" she said. What seriously? I mean I was not having words. "Karthik, Karthik" my mom had been calling me for the past 2 minutes, she cut the call and again called me. 

"Mummy nijamga. Nuvvu nijamgane cheptunnava? Like her vomiting, her skipping of periods and nausea. All are pregnancy symptoms?" I asked her. (Mom are you telling me the truth?). "Yes exactly, that's what happens," she said.