✦ | CHAPTER 41 | ✦

Vennela's POV 

(18+ content ahead.) Only for this chapter. Idk if I really have to on the Mature option for this Novel. Anyway! Continue your reading my delightful readers. 

My life has turned out pretty boring, I started to feel less productive these days. After returning from Hyderabad, I started to find myself out of zone. Something wasn't right. The void that I've been feeling is killing me. Even though I took up classes for cooking, started to try new dishes from cookbooks and I took up gardening. 

We had a very large balcony, I spent 20K filling the house with full of different plant species and potters. I wanted to see how Karthik would react in seeing this. I went to the nearest florist store and got them. Mrs.Dey got a new job and joined her kids in daycare thus I didn't have anything to pass my time. I was working on new sketches but I started to hate them also. All the papers rustling in the room and with that anger, I dropped the ink bottle.

It was not a good state of mind, definitely not good. Karthik rang the bell again, and I got up, he unlocked the door by himself and entered the house. 

"Baby, is this our house only?" he asked him in a soothing tone. 

I got up from the mini pool area that I created which was still remained with works to get done like adding fishes, and lighting. He came to the Balcony gasped with excitement and lifted me up in the air. He was excited, "Baby I need to tell you something important and very exciting, uhhhhh" he put me down and made me sit over the little sofa. 

"You know I have told you several times that I am working on something big, I am just a little far from cracking it and then it will be so big reward if I would succeed it....— he said and stopped and gave me a file. I was scanning though it. 

"Promoted to Director of Project Management in Santa Clara, California, United States of America"  I screamed with the amount of happiness and pride I was feeling for Karthik. I have no words to describe how much amount of hard work and effort he has put in throughout his college taking up management and still working for Intel in a project management role tells about his vision and path for doing something big. 

I put that file and settled those papers on the sofa and scanned his excitement and pure happiness. I cupped his face and kissed him, he was sweating profusely and I hugged him for a long time. 

We broke into the normal state and I asked him to wait for a moment got some chocolates and fed him. "Aaaa pattu," I said (open your mouth). "Congratulations hubby, ohhh god I have no words to describe how great news this is going to be," I said. "Thanks, wifey baby" he said and fed me another ball of chocolate from Ferrero Rocher's box. 

I asked him whether he had called to Athaiyya and Mavayya Garu and told them about this news. He said he wanted to share with me first and then we both together in a video call would share them. 

"Karthik, Athaiyyyaaa Garu is waiting, it's fine, get ready and come over," I said seeing him wearing his shirt and combing his hair after having a bath. 

"Hello Athaiyya," I said. "Hi amma how are you? You are looking very happy I guess" she said. 

"Meeku oka chala peddha subha vartha" I said (It's a good news for you) even Mavayya garu also joined. "Hi Chittithalli, ela unnav, bane undha health?" he asked me. (Hi dear, how are you? Is your health good?). I said "haa mavayya garu nenu chala baga unnanu, everything is alright" (Yes father-in-law I am doing fine) 

Karthik squeezed beside me and said, "Hello mummy, Hello daddy" he said. "Hi Kannaa," they both said in unison. 

I asked him whether he should tell them the happy news or me, and he asked me to announce it.