✦ | CHAPTER 48 | ✦

Vennela's POV 

"Miss Karthik there you see, that's the little ones. Umm, I think it's two. Congratulations to you both" Doctor. Shein Xuan congratulated me and Karthik. 

"What is it true that I am going to be the dad of twins, that's really amazing" he said. He kissed me. Ever since the day I found out that I was pregnant, things have been very great for me. 

I could hardly contain my excitement as we left the doctor's office. The news was still sinking in, and I felt like I was floating on air. Twins! The idea was both exhilarating and overwhelming. Karthik and I had always dreamed of starting a family, but this was beyond our wildest dreams.

As we walked to the car, Karthik squeezed my hand, his eyes twinkling with joy. "Can you believe it, Vennela? Twins!"

I laughed, feeling a mix of nerves and excitement. "I know! It's like a dream. I can't wait to tell everyone."

We got into the car, and as Karthik started driving, I couldn't stop smiling. The reality of having two little lives growing inside me was amazing.

"What do you think they'll be like?" I asked, my hand resting on my belly.

Karthik glanced at me, his smile infectious. "Well, if they're anything like you, they'll be kind, strong, and beautiful."

"And if they're like you," I added, "they'll be intelligent, caring, and incredibly stubborn."

We both laughed, the tension and stress of the past few months melting away. It felt like everything was finally falling into place.

"I can't believe we're going to have twins," Karthik said again, as if he needed to say it out loud to make it real.

"Me neither," I replied, my heart swelling with love. "Do you think we'll be able to handle it?"

He reached over and took my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "Of course we will. We've made it through so much already. This is just another adventure for us."

I looked out the window, imagining our future. Two cribs, two sets of tiny clothes, double the baby giggles, and double the love. It was overwhelming but in the best possible way.

"Do you think they'll look alike?" I mused. "Or maybe one will look like you and the other like me."

"Either way, they'll be perfect," Karthik said. "I just hope they get your sense of humor and your patience."

"And your determination and kindness," I added.

"Kanna, let's not go for the Gender reveal please!" I said. 

"Baby, it's alright, anything is fine for me. Both boys, Both girls, one boy or one girl" he smiled looking towards me. 

When we finally pulled into the driveway, Karthik turned off the car and looked at me seriously. "Vennela, I know things have been tough lately. But I want you to know how much I love you and our little ones."

I felt tears well up in my eyes. "I love you too, Karthik. More than anything. And I know we'll be great parents."

He leaned over and kissed me softly, a promise of the beautiful journey ahead. As we walked into our home, hand in hand, I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness and anticipation.

I sat on the sofa, feeling a little exhausted. I started to count, exactly 8 months from now. Maybe in April. Really?! It's on my birth month. Oh my goodness I am going to be a mom at @30 years. That's hilarious, but it is what the planning meant to be. 

My 1st baby, I knew I was definitely a girl, her first name was decided as Nakshatra because we wanted to keep some space names. I didn't mean to kill her with my tablets for sure.