✦ | CHAPTER 40 | ✦

Karthik's POV 

We came to Hyderabad. It is the month of June, our Wedding Anniversary month, we came here because of the engagement of Shobha and Anirudh. We couldn't imagine how a year passed by. Anirudh and I started to talk slowly, Vennela didn't inform me about his engagement even though she knew about it because we both weren't talking. I should have been more mature because nothing was intentionally done. He did whatever he had to do to protect his little sister. I met her a year ago but he has been with her for the past 27 years. 

I and Vennela, we both went to Santorini for her Birthday and anyway there was too much stress from my gang that we didn't have our honeymoon and it was the obvious thing to agree. My mavayya(Vennela's dad) and my family on Video calls often reminded me about the honeymoon, so I booked the tickets. 10 days in Greece. 

2 months ago! 

The high mountain trekking and star-gazing. The Milky Way stretched across the sky, a river of stars that seemed to flow endlessly. The beauty of the moment took my breath away, but what made it truly magical was having Vennela by my side.

"Advance Happy birthday, Vennela," I whispered, turning to look at her. Her face was illuminated by the soft glow of the stars, and she looked more beautiful than ever.

She smiled, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "Thank you, Karthik. This is the best birthday I've ever had."

I reached out and took her hand, entwining our fingers. "I'm glad you think so. I've always dreamed of celebrating your birthday in a special way."

We lay back down, gazing up at the stars once more. "What do you dream about now, Vennela?" I asked, genuinely curious.

She sighed contentedly. "I dream about our future together. I dream about the adventures we'll have, the places we'll see, and the family we'll build. I dream about growing old with you, Karthik."

I felt a lump in my throat as her words echoed in my heart. "I dream about that too. I want to give you the world, Vennela. I want to be there for every moment, every milestone, every joy and every sorrow."

Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out a small box and handed it to her. "I have something for you."

She opened the box to find a delicate necklace with a star-shaped pendant. "It's beautiful, Karthik," she said, her voice filled with emotion.

I took the necklace and fastened it around her neck. "Just like you, a shining star in my life."

We lay there in each other's arms, the stars bearing silent witness to our love and commitment. As the night deepened, I felt a profound sense of peace and happiness. Here, under the Grecian sky, I realized once again how lucky I was to have Vennela in my life.

I kissed her forehead and tucked her hair behind her earlobe with my left hand, I said "Won't you feel uncomfortable when we sleep like this, on grass?" 

She turned towards me and put her hands over my stomach, I bent my chin towards her face "I would never feel uncomfortable till you were beside me" I got up and she too. "I love you Vennela" I said and cupped her face and kissed her. 

She smiled against my lips and whispered, "I love you too, Karthik." Her eyes shone with the same love and affection that had brought us to this beautiful place in our lives.

We stood there for a moment, wrapped in each other's arms, the cool night air enveloping us. The stars above seemed to shine even brighter, as if celebrating our love. After a while, we made our way back to our cozy little cottage nestled in the mountains.

The cottage was a charming, rustic abode with a beautiful view of the surrounding landscape. The flickering light from the fireplace cast a warm glow around the room. Vennela and I walked in, feeling the welcoming warmth wrap around us.