✦ | CHAPTER 45 | ✦

"Karthik, Karthik...... show me that pool behind you, seriously pichha pichha ga undhi. Chala bagundhi Kannaaaa" she said. (It's crazy, it's truly amazing)

"Achhaa wait, lemme show you you this. You see Garage. We can fit 4 cars down here" I said. 

"Yeah" she said. 

"Vennela, puja Aypoyindha," I asked her. (Is puja over?) Her face was looking pretty but she seems exhausted. 

She was turning her camera here and there and there were really many women over there a her house. "Ahhh! Vinipinchatledhu" she said. (I can't hear you) 

I thought that maybe due to a lot of chaos, she couldn't hear me, then I understood that she was slowly making her pace towards her bedroom where no one could disturb her. "Chalaki mayaladi" I was searching for more synonyms of intelligence. 

She smirked and said, "Nekanta kadhu le" I laughed. (Not as much as you). 

"Achha vinu, Jaydeep Inka Praneetha engagement ki Mummy ninnu repu rammantundhi. Velthavu kadha" I asked her. (Achha listen, Mom wants you to be present for Jaydeep and Praneetha's engagement for tomorrow. You are going right?) 

She composed herself and said. "Mr. Karthik tonight I am going to Banjara Hills" she said. 

I was shocked and I asked her immediately, "Hey hey why why why?" 

She tapped her head, "Nayana Swamy mana illu ekkada? Hyderabad lo?" (oh my lord! Where is our house in Hyderabad?) 

I was so stupid that I forgot at a moment where my house was in Hyderabad. "Che che che, shame on me," I said. She nodded and laughed. 

"So ela unnadu pellikoduku?" I asked her. (so how's the groom) 

"Repu Velthanu kadha, I will tell you everything about it. He seems really in distress Karthik, just talk with him when you are free" she said. (tomorrow I am going right?!) 

"Sare, enti chala merusthundhi ee pattu cheera. Isari kuda Green saree eh. Ente ne ishtam ee green saree to" I asked to turn up her mood and make her mad a bit. (Your saree is shining a lot, you wore a green Pattu saree this time also. What the heck is this interest and like of you for this green colour?) 

"Em neeku ishtam ledentoi?" she questioned me raising her eyebrows. (why? Don't you like it or what?) 

"Emandoi srimathi garu, Koncham cool avvandi madam garu" I started singing a new song that I saw on YouTube. (Oh my dear wife, cool down a little bit mam) 

"Ehhhh ee pata Chala bagundhi, ekkada vinnavu?" (hey this song is nice, where did you listen?) 

"Ahhmmm cheppanu" I said. (I won't tell) 

"Listen, I will call you later. Amma is calling me, I must go" she said and was about to end the call. 

"I love you Kanna" She kissed me and I said, "Love you too Baby". 

"Good morning, and emaina tinesi Vellu. Ikkada night ayyindhi and I still need to freshen up and I will call you later okay?" she said and ended the call. (Have anything for breakfast, it's night over here) 

The cool autumn breeze of Santa Clara brushed against my face as I walked towards the office. The city buzzed with life, a stark contrast to the quiet mornings in Bangalore. It was my second week in the U.S.A., and the workload was intense. Meetings, presentations, and countless emails filled my days. Yet, amidst the chaos, my thoughts constantly drifted back to Vennela.

I made sure to carve out time for our calls, despite the time difference. Every night, just before bed, I'd video call her. Seeing her face, hearing her voice – it was the highlight of my day.