✦ | CHAPTER 44 | ✦

I didn't know how two weeks went by, I saw her crying in the middle of the night thinking about the fight we had, digging into the old memories which were nothing but the bad phase of our relationship, her sadness was evident that she was dragging herself into the negativity and depression. She would wake up suddenly in the middle of the night and wander around the heavy breeze that hits our balcony. I would forcefully drag her inside and make her sleep. 

I thought enough and discussed it with my parents and Vennela's parents too, about therapy. I don't know but when we are struggling enough with our psychology then therapy is the best way. I had to discuss this with Vennela. I knew how to make it up to her. We were called to Delhi for Anyaa's Wedding but we denied it due to 2 reasons. It was already heavy for me. Let me be how adoring to her, but her sadness makes me shrink. 

Anyhow I managed to make a call with a therapist. 

The morning light of the sun entered through the light curtains and made me wake up. It was chilling. I saw Vennela sleeping peacefully after so many days. Yesterday's phone call with Mrs Sharma gave her hope. I put pillows beside her so that she wouldn't get disturbed when I woke up. She moved slightly. I saw her licking her lips, I kissed her forehead and made my way to the Kitchen. 

I saw Athaiyya and Mavayya already there preparing something. I wished them, "Good morning Athaiyya, Mavayya". They said in unison, "Good morning Karthik Nanna" 

"Vennela?" they asked me about her. And I said, "Padukuntundhi," I said. (she is sleeping) 

"Nanna, we need to see a few of my relatives over here at Bangalore. So we are not coming for lunch" said Athaiyya, I nodded and told them that it was completely fine. I got myself into the bathroom to freshen up as quickly as possible. I went outside my bedroom after changing into formal. It was 7:00 AM though, but I needed to make out many more things. 

I went get few tablets and coffee placed them on a tray and took that to Vennela, Athaiyya stopped me, "Karthik please don't feel bad but for how much you will be giving her coffee and tablets to her hands, let her get up and fetch it on her own" she said. 

I was a little shocked at how she could tell being a woman. I didn't understand neither did n answer how should I respond to her statement. But then my gem Mavayya kinda stood up for me, and said, "Let him shower his love, he doing nothing but being lovely to our daughter. She knows how to do her work but he is taking this initiative, so let him Tulasi" he said. She felt defeated and patted my back. 

I saw her slightly waking up with the thud of the door I closed after entering our room. She woke up and put on her glasses, which she got a few days back for eye pain. She saw me slightly with her eyes a little open. "Good morning Baby Love" I wished her. She was smiling now and came to me and hugged me and wished me, "Good morning Kanna". 

She woke up and went inside the washroom to freshen up sat on the armchair and sipped coffee slowly. Meanwhile, I brought some Rusk and my Chai. We weren't talking anything. Just enjoying the morning. "Kanna, when are we meeting the therapist?" she asked me. 

I turned towards her and said, "The appointment is at sharp 9:30 AM". She nodded and continued to slurp her coffee. 

We got ready and headed to the therapist's office. The drive was quiet, filled with unspoken fears and hopes. As we sat in the waiting room, I could see the tension in Vennela's posture, her hands clenched in her lap.

Dr. Meera Sharma, our therapist, welcomed us with a warm smile. "Please, come in," she said, gesturing to the comfortable chairs arranged in a circle.

Vennela and I sat down, and Dr. Sharma began. "First, I want to commend both of you for taking this step. Healing from such a loss is incredibly challenging, but seeking help is a vital part of the process."