✦ | CHAPTER 39 | ✦

Vennela's POV

Karthik's 30th birthday dawned with a serene sky over Bangalore. As the first rays of the sun peeked through our bedroom window, I found myself watching Karthik sleep. His face, peaceful and content, was a picture of tranquility. Today was special, and I wanted every moment to reflect that. I kissed him gently on the forehead and slipped out of bed to start the preparations.

I called my mother and Athiayya about what specials I can make for him. He woke up and there were a lot of calls before he wished me a good morning. I hope I can bridge the gap between him and my brother. Even my brother asked me to wish Karthik on behalf of him. So rivalry and coldness continue for much more time. This could be broken only on 2 reasons, that I know and even everyone knows.

"Hammayyyaaa, finally Happy Birthday to you Karthik"(Alright!) I stopped my works and went to hug him. He kissed me and said, "Thank you, Vennela,".

"Already busy, and wait, wow you are looking so gorgeous, moonlight and sunshine must feel that they've got quite a big competition, wait" he said and then he realised that his flirt was just a blunder because my name denotes M moonlight.

"I should feel shy about myself?" I questioned him when he was ruffling his heavy hair. "I mean you are making me shy, and..... Fuck it" he was so quick with his actions that he kissed my neck, I dropped the spatula when he left there. My smile was different. And my hairs were cut a bit because of that glass bottle shit, so it made me actually look cute, I mean I didn't see in any mirror that I am blushing but I knew it, I was burning red hot, I hit my head with a spatula and got started to payasam (Kheer) and his favourite Chai.

After 30 mins I made a fresh vegetable salad and Italian dressing, these were far easier than our traditional foods, but south Indian dishes are on a different level. Karthik came from our bedroom, I didn't know when his bedroom became our bedroom. My things from Delhi came, and setting them again with Karthik took a bit of time.

"So, my Lunch?" he asked me when he was done with the breakfast, I made pulihora and brought sondesh which I asked my neighbour to prepare for Karthik. I said that to him. There was a lot of stuff to get ready for the evening, I invited a lot of his friends from his office and his college who were living in Bangalore. However the irony was his closest friends couldn't make it for his birthday, so they dropped a message for him at 12:00. They all had Facetime today morning.

"Okay, be safe and careful, if you need anything just call me, I will be at home within half an hour," he said, "there won't be much, have a nice day," I said. We hugged again. His gifts one by one were coming by every 30 minutes, and soon time was 12. I messaged Karthik that whether he had his lunch or not, and he replied that at 1:54 PM by this I understood that he was having too much work and it was his birthday and many would celebrate it and maybe a lunch treat too.

At 3, I tried to have a nap but bad luck, the chips and dips that I ordered came. A chocolate brownie cake and choco lava cakes nearly 30. I might have spent around 50 to 60k because I want it be very special, its his first birthday after we got married. These memories of 1 year were like mixed flavours of joy, happiness, and sadness. One by one each and every close colleague of Karthik was coming. I welcomed everyone and offered them drinks and little chips.

"Guys Guys Guys, attention. Karthik started from office, and Vennela please go get ready" said Santhosh. I wore a sleek dress, it was like red wine was poured on my body. I felt that it was time for me to go out of my comfort zone, not all were men in his friend and office circle. I took help from Eshika, his previous office's friend and a worthy teammate. She made my hair. I entered the living room, and Gagan announced that Karthik just entered the apartment.