✦ | CHAPTER 36 | ✦

Note: lots of drama ahead, it's all fictional. If any of your favorite characters are being hurt then, I am sorry. But they all are going to be fine. Trust me!! 

Vennela's POV 

"Vennela we need to go, I am already done with everything" he said. It's not at all easy to manage things, that too with such a silk saree. I have left my hair too. "Karthik, it's not even 6 PM," I said. "Yah, just 2 minutes less to 6" I could sense his frustration that I was taking over an hour to get ready. "Okay, okay, I am done with saree, just left with hair," I said. "Vennela, what is this delay?" he said. 

Successfully after 30 minutes, we were set to go to the reception. "Do we have an invitation?" I asked him. "Yes, it's in the back seat. Now don't move or else your saree will get folded for no reason" he said. "Okay okay," I said. I was observing the traffic and the people of Delhi. "Is he a known person to you, or the bride?" I asked him. "I know the groom, he and I were not in a good par, not for the reception, but we have a business meeting in this upcoming week, with some of my colleagues at Intel and his company people too. Anyhow he arranged his reception too so, I thought to visit." he completed his big sentence. "Ooooo," I said. "Yeaaaaaahhhh," he said. We reached. 

"Yeah I am here for Akshay SharathChandra and I am Karthik.A from Bangalore"

 I had no words, my hands, my palms, my forehead, every part of my body was sweating. I shouldn't go. I must stay, actually go back from Delhi only. I didn't knew at all that it was Akshay's wedding today. If I knew I would've been admitted to hospital for then tension or trauma that I am getting now. I take a huge gulp of water. My breath pace was increasing, my legs were getting weak. "Karthik, we.... I think I forgot..... The thing—-." I was struggling to find words. I don't think I can even walk to the stage. And what the fuck is the thought to congratulate that motherfucker. 

"Is something wrong? There is nothing I think you forgot Vennela, we double-checked everything" he said. Oh god! How should I tell him? I am trying to take a lot of breath a this moment. My mind is not in coordination with my hands, my legs are not coordinating anything. "Vennela, are you fine?" his firm voice was all it spoke about him. I already took too much time in getting ready, and he was frustrated with some things that were off anyhow. 

I could hear his voice, from the down part. "Vennela, neeku bagolenattu Ga unnapudu cheppali kadha, why are you walking as if you got your leg sprained? Did you really get your leg sprained?" he asked me. (Vennela, you should've informed me if you weren't feeling well). "No no, it's not like that," I said. "Vennela, come upstairs to wish them then," he said. 

This is where everyone goes wrong with me. When I am in love no one cares about my inner feeling. When I actually fall in love, the very next moment, they zone me out of my comfort zone. Karthik, why don't you get me that I am not well? I don't even want to come up. But it happens the opposite, he takes my hand with him and, that eye contact. With Akshi, no no, Akshay. I don't try to look at him. 

"Congrats Akshay" Karthik wishes him. "Finally, uhh! You made it.... Well..... Good, I mean, ...... happy you showed..... Up" he is stammering. "Baby, are you fine?" his wife asked him. "Uhhh, what's with me, I am alright. Maybe little weak" he said. "I think, Dad. Akshay needs a break. Bhayya(south Delhi girl accent), we need a break" she said and went to another direction after taking a photo. I rush down immediately. Karthik! I think I missed him on my fast pace of walk. 

"Vennu, Vennu, Vennela, Vennallaaa" he calls, why? Why god? Did you think to make my life hell again? Why? Did you feel I was very much happy? 

"Vennu" he grabbed my wrist. "Akshay, please leave me," I said. 

"Where were you? Where are you now?" he asked me with a face full of guilt.

 "I don't have any answers," I said.