Chapter 2: A Sunny Morning

Kuai Liang and Lyn wake up and start to get ready for training, "I have to meet up with Tomas I'll see you later." she hugs him as she leaves. Lyn goes with Tomas to help him and is upset with her, "Why didn't you come back to bed after helping my brother?" she starts to feel bad for leaving him all alone for helping his brother, "I was helping your brother since he has trouble sleeping I'm worried about him." he looks at Lyn concerned, "I'm worried about him too your not the only one. I'll talk to him later today to see how he is doing just don't say anything." Lyn thinks about her conversation between her and Scorpion, "I hope Kuai doesn't tell him about our conversation." she thinks to herself. She doesn't tell Smoke since she is afraid how he will react. She kindly encourages him, "You are his brother it is best if you speak to him. I know Hanzo is upset about Harumi's death but Kuai seems to be affected by it more. He needs us." holding his shoulders on opposite sides as Tomas asks Lyn, "What did you and my brother do in the bedroom? Did you both just talk?" he asks out of curiosity as Lyn answers, "Tomas nothing happened between us," she kisses him on the cheek and goes with the other initiates. Later in the afternoon, Smoke meets up with Kuai Liang to check up on him, "Hey Scorpion how are you?" with a smile on his face with Kuai Liang responds, "I'm doing okay sorry for avoiding you and Lyn since Harumi's death as well as Hanzo. It was never my intention to get mad at anyone I would get nightmares what happened the night of the festival. But it's all.." Tomas interrupts him, "Wait you're getting nightmares? Is that why Lyn was helping you and she slept on your bedroom floor?" Kuai responds with shame in his voice, "Yes. She wiped the sweat off my forehead because of it and would have a difficult time sleeping. Lyn is only trying to help you haven't done that for me." Smoke gets irritated, "What does that suppose to mean?" crossing his arms as Scorpion seems bitter, "It should've been you wiping the sweat off my forehead at least check up on me not Lyn it's not her job." rolling his eyes as Smoke responds aggravated , "Maybe your right but at least it doesn't look like my fiancé and my own brother are keeping something from me. I'm not convinced from what you just told me Kuai Liang you most likely slept with her." Scorpion looks at his brother shocked, "I can tell your not convinced I would ask Lyn yourself about what we talked about but all I'm gonna say is nothing happened between us. She was helping me and I did not sleep with her if that's is what you're asking." Tomas let's go of the conversation, "Okay I trust you. I'm sorry that I got a little upset just now everything is happening at once. I've been worried about you ever since Harumi died. I just don't want to lose Lyn after what happened at the festival." sounding very sad while Kuai Liang considers, "I understand Tomas I'll be okay thank you for checking up on me." smiling as Tomas walks off to check up on some of the initiates. Scorpion couldn't forget about kissing Lyn on the forehead and how he snuck up on her thinking she was a burglar. He couldn't stop thinking about her and felt something but snaps out of it since she is with his brother though he would want to see her again.