Chapter 23

My nerves tensed as I got closer with every step.

The clicking sound of my footsteps grew louder in my head. My heart sinks.

The hallway to my father's office stretched long.

Was I taking micro steps? The door felt so far away.

My heart pounded. My body tensed. My mouth is dry.

I knew what was about to happen. I knew what he was going to say. I dishonored my father and my family's name. I ruined their image. Ruined the family name.

My head pounded with whispers reminding me the worst was about to happen.

I stopped in front of the double doors. The doors stretched high.

I felt small.

I fidgeted with my fingers trying to soothe my shaking hands.

Because of me...

Why can't I do it? Why can't I go in? I already know what's going to happen. I knew what was going to be said. But I couldn't move. My legs didn't inch forward. My hands felt heavy, they became hard to lift.

I'm a failure. I ruined everything!

A soft hand pulled my hands apart and interlocked fingers with mine.

Instantly the whispers came to a halt. My mind cleared.

My eyes shifted to Atlas. He smiled as he brought my hand to his lips "I'm by your side with whatever happens" he kissed my hand.

How dare I regret my choice.

Nothing is my fault. This is who I am and who I choose to be. This is the man I love and I don't want to hide that.

I took a few deep breaths. How blessed am I to have someone like him?

The look in his eyes melted my fears away. The thought of my father disowning me became worth it, as long as it meant I could be with my omega. My precious omega.

"I love you" I whisper.

Atlas touched my face "You have no choice but to" he dropped his hand "Go on."

I took a deep breath pushing through the doors. The doors felt heavier than usual. The weight of my anxious heart made my legs weak, but I pushed forward.

"Father." The door closed behind me. I squeezed Atlas' hand.

My Dad stood facing the window. He held a glass cup filled with liquor. My mother was seated on the couch. She stood as soon as we entered.

My father's secretary stood beside my mother. Their faces filled with nervousness as if my father was a ticking bomb about to go off.

"Doyun" my mother greeted me with a kiss on the forehead. She looked at Atlas then our hands.

"Father you asked for me." I cleared my throat to sound confident.

He slowly turned his head "Everyone out" his tone was cold and demanding.

His secretary was first to the door, holding it for my Mother and Atlas.

Atlas began to release my hand but I refused to let go.

I'm scared.

Atlas smiled "It'll be okay" he whispered as he slipped his hand from my grasp.

My mother guided Atlas out.

Just like that it was the two of us.

"Father-."

"What do you gain from publicly humiliating me" my father refused to face me.