[5] Firsts

"Heck yes!!" Cody cheered with his arms in the air.

"Quiet down... I don't want anybody knowing about this." Noah told him.

"What are you planning to do to me..." Cody joked and hid his body with his arms.

"You're insufferable.... I told you it's not anything like that! I just... need a place to stay. That's it."

"Why? Did your parents leave the country without you or something?" Cody joked. "But, then, you could still just live by yourself..."

"Don't worry about it..." Noah said simply.

"Fine. I'm just happy you chose me!" Cody said with a grin.

"Didn't really have much of a choice." Noah rolled his eyes and walked off.

"Wait!" Cody followed him.

Noah didn't say anything.

"Did you just have so much fun with me that you didn't want it to stop? You did leave pretty late..." Cody smiled.

"Something like that..." Noah seemed uncomfortable.

"Well, you can stay with me for as long as you want. My dad won't even notice." Cody let him know.

"That's good..." Noah said simply.

.....

When it was lunch time, Trent and Cody joined Noah. This time, he didn't mind.

"So What'd you guys talk about ?" Trent wondered, shoving a fry into his mouth.

Cody looked at Noah.

"Nothing, really. Just something about homework." Noah said simply.

Cody smiled in understanding. "Yeah..."

"Cody said the two of you played video games last night. So, how good are you?" Trent asked.

"Not that good." Noah said quietly.

"He's amazing! He helped me clear the 3rd chapter of blud sucker!" Cody said.

"Really? Haven't you been stuck on that chapter for 3 days?" Trent said.

"3 days? Why didn't you just look up a walk-through at that point?" Noah wondered.

"Because... I don't usually have access to the internet..." Cody answered half awkwardly.

"Why not?" Noah wondered.

"Cuz his dad's a deadbeat." Trent answered for him.

"Trent..." Cody started.

"Sorry, but it's true. No point in beating around it." Trent shrugged.

"I didn't know." Noah said simply.

"That's okay. He's basically not even there." Cody said casually.

Noah stayed quiet and leaned back a bit.

"Uh, anyway... Noah, since Harold's out of the group, do you wanna join us for gaming nights on Tuesdays?"

"I guess I might as well..."

"It's okay if you don't want to." Cody told him.

"It's okay. I'll try it." Noah said.

"Great. It's better with more people anyway." Trent said.

......

When school was over, Noah was awkwardly tagging along with Cody as he grabbed his stuff and such.