[Side Story 7]

"You may now kiss the groom."

Noah and Cody leaned in to kiss.

Tears came down both their faces.

When they let go, Noah quickly wiped his away, but Cody was still crying.

"Noah! I'm so happy... I think I might die..." Cody sobbed.

"I'm so happy too..." Noah told him, wiping his own tears.

They hugged and cried for a bit.

Trent and Justin each put a hand on their backs to comfort them.

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!!" Trent told them excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm happy for you both." Justin said.

"Is it possible to die from happiness??" Cody asked his friends, earning laughs.

"Cody!!!" Trent's mom appeared with her husband. "I am so happy for you. It feels like only yesterday when you were having a sleepover at our house and started crying because of a monster in the closet!" She reminisced.

"I think that was yesterday..." Justin whispered to Trent, earning a chuckle.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me over the years." Cody thanked her.

"Oh, honey, of course!! Even though you're married, you're both still welcome to visit anytime!"

"We should just move in with you then." Cody joked and they both laughed.

"By the way, Trent, are you and Justin planning to get married any time soon?" His mother asked.

"Mom! I told you to stop asking that... we're both too busy to be thinking about that!" Trent said.

"We'll get married when we have more free time." Justin joked.

Trent blushed and smacked Justin's shoulder.

Justin chuckled. "I'm kidding. We've only been together for 2 years. It's way too early." Justin told her.

Cody spotted his dad and dragged Noah to him.

"Dad! You actually came!!" Cody said and hugged him tightly.

His dad hugged him back and wiped a tear away.

"Cody, I'm so proud of you."

"You are???" Cody asked, tearing up.

"Yes. As I watched you get married, I couldn't help but feel proud. And then as I heard you recite your vows..." he sighed. "I gotta be honest. I was filled with regret. I should have cherished you. And helped you grow up. Instead, I just wasted all those years drinking away... I regret it so much."

"It's okay. We can start over."

"Start over?"

"Yeah! We can hang out every once in a while and rebuild our relationship."

"Cody... you really are something."

"An angel is what he is." Noah chimed in.

"That would be accurate." His dad agreed.

"Aw, you guys..." Cody said bashfully.

"You saved my life... and you're helping your dad rebuild his." Noah pointed out. "Angel work."

"I mean I am pretty awesome..." Cody agreed.

Noah and his dad chuckled in agreement.

"Dad, give me your phone."

His dad did as told.

Cody added himself as a contact and returned the phone.

His dad smiled.

"Call me anytime before 9pm."

Noah gave him a look.

"Also don't call at all for a few days..." Cody said, turning to look at Noah. "We have to celebrate."

Noah blushed and covered his face.

"Oh! Of course..." his dad said awkwardly. "Are you going on a trip?" He wondered.

"No! We're too broke." Cody said casually.

His dad blinked.

"Cody..." Noah said in annoyance.

"What? It's true..." Cody shrugged.

"I would offer you some money, but... I'm still in financial recovery." His dad admit.

"Oh! Don't worry! Our friend Justin is rich! We don't need money!" Cody let him know.

"Oh, is he going to fund your honeymoon?" His dad wondered.

Cody snickered and tried not to laugh.

Noah glared at him.

His dad eyed him weirdly.

"No. We don't want to ask him for money." Noah explained.

"Okay, I misunderstood."

Cody giggled a bit.

"What is your problem?" Noah whispered.

"I can't tell you, you'll get mad." Cody said.

"What??" Noah asked in confusion.

"Well, it's about time I leave."

"Already ??" Cody asked.

"Yeah, I gotta get to rehab in 20 minutes. Thank you for inviting me. I am proud of the young man you turned into."

Cody gave him a tight hug. "Thank you for coming!"

His dad left and he waved.

"I'm so happy that things worked out between you and your dad." Noah said.

"Next: your parents." Cody said with determination.

"No way! That'll never work!"

"Can we at least try?"

"No no no!"

"Why? Not even try?"

"No way in hell!" Noah said stubbornly.

"Fine... maybe again in a few years..." Cody said sneakily.

Noah sighed a bit.

______________________________________

A/N : my boys 🤧

I don't really have any more ideas for this, so this will likely be the last side story idk

I want to work on my unfinished stories but I just keep writing new ones so idk who knows what the next thing I'll upload will be 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you again everyone for your support 💕