Chapter 9

Ranboo had already left for New York. She was there when he was packing at the last minute and when he was getting on the plane. And though she was happy he's going out there and fulfilling a project he's been working on for years, and seeing it becoming true. She felt empty, she was left behind again.

She still has work. Perhaps her work should be streaming so she wouldn't be left behind like this, be pulled back by a work she doesn't like. Raven never was the type of person to acknowledge her own feelings. She'll do everything else for the rest of the day but deal with her feelings. Be buried in school work or be on her phone for hours. Nothing changed. She buried herself in work during her shift and took care of some college work in between.

But the night came. She was exhausted and still empty, the distractions worked but now she's numb and sad for reasons she can't explain or remember, it wouldn't leave her.

She lazily walked down the hall to her flat, like a zombie. Turned her keys and opened the door. She let out her bag and collapsed on the couch with a grunt, and let out a sigh as she stared forward at the empty TV for god knows how long. She closed her eyes and sighed again, resting her head on her hands. She looked up at the guitar next to the TV.

She picked it up and opened the door to the balcony. She sat on the floor leaning on one of the railing on the right. Raven brought the bridge of the guitar closer to her sight and quietly sang "Take on me", their favourite song.

Niki had been trying to reach out to Raven all day but hadn't heard a word from her. She was aware of Ranboo's departure and what it could do to Raven so she tried her best to be there for her but giving her the space she prefers. She was also aware that Raven's shift would be finished by now and was worried if she ate or not, so she brought food and came to her flat.

Perhaps because of Raven's exhaustion, she forgot to close the door. On Niki's arrival she saw the door cracked open. She pushed it open slowly, worried of what could've happened to her. She heard a guitar and saw Raven on the balcony. She came in and placed the boxes of food for the two of them on the kitchen island. Much to Raven staying oblivious of her presence.

She stayed wordless but Niki sat across Raven on the floor. Raven acknowledged her with a sweet smile but exhausted and sad eyes. Sad, brown eyes that reflected the night sky with its moon and stars each time it looked up. She started picking a different song that Niki immediately recognized. And so she sang along.

"I met you in the dark, you lit me up" Raven started."You made me feel as though I was enough"

"We danced the night away, we drank too much" Niki joined with a smile, swaying her head side to side. "I held your hair back when, You were throwing up" Raven's heart filled with a feeling she couldn't explain, a feeling of joy that made everything else seem worthless compared to this moment...

"I knew I loved you then, But you'd never know.." The song continued with them holding an inerasable,sweet smile on their faces.

"'Cause I played it cool when I was scared of letting go.." Raven continued, looking directly in Niki's eyes, meaning every word that came from someone else but described her thoughts better than she ever could.

"I knew I needed you, But I never showed.." Raven sang. Niki didn't interrupt, she knew these weren't her words to tell, it was all Raven.

"But I wanna stay with you until we're grey and old, Just say you won't let go" And finally Niki sang HER words.

"Just say you won't let go.." They sang in unison..

When the song finally came to a close, they held a bigger smile and chuckled to themself, looking away from the other.